Wednesday 20th November

Requests for a game, or looking for an opponent? This is the place to ask or look.
Forum rules
Posts older than 180 days will be automatically deleted

Re: Wednesday 20th November

Postby leopard » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:09 am

Baldie wrote:That looked fab and very close.

it was, both fab and exceedingly close. Probably got various rules wrong but I think we were pretty close overall. James's dice were there usual self or my lot would have had the usual early bath, as it was basically fought to a stalemate, down to two activation dice meant my lot wouldn't be doing much so even with James having a crippled force as well he was likely to be able to use it.

good game though, think more line of sight blocking/impassible terrain is needed though to make sneaking around easier and avoid long range stuff being so nasty.

mortars are definitely evil, the British 2" one with 2 dice is useful for counter fire I think but the Japanese with a battery of three of them have an edge when it comes to hitting enemy support units.

one of the bits we did get wrong, there is a difference on the "bad things happen" table for a team/squad thats part of your core force and one thats a support unit, your core seem to care less about the support bits being killed
leopard

Postby Baldie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Game def suits a beautiful table.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Baldie wrote:Game def suits a beautiful table.

think we needed about twice the terrain we had for the far east jungle setting, I get the impression this is a game that even in the Steppes of Soviet Union wants a lot of terrain, little ditches, undulating ground etc to break up the long ranged fire fight
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:12 am

I've got a full aisan jungle table's worth of 28mm terrain somewhere - huts, bamboo forests etc.

The marvel game is good, in so much as there are no 'factions' - every character can be on the same team, you just might get bonuses if certain guys are together.

The game played really well - simple abstraction rules, but plenty of depth relating to positioning/objectives etc - and it's super cinematic :)
Jimmy

Previous

Return to Arrange a Game