Saturday 14th September

Requests for a game, or looking for an opponent? This is the place to ask or look.
Forum rules
Posts older than 180 days will be automatically deleted

Saturday 14th September

Postby leopard » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 am

anyone likely to be about?

open to offers, mayhem in 6mm, 15mm or 28mm

or heck 1:600 or 1:2400 for that matter
leopard

Re: Saturday 14th September

Postby leopard » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm

It would appear the answer to this is 28mm feudal period Japan, so will be down with Test of Honour, to once again, provide my honour is about as good as my ability to play the game
leopard

Postby Baldie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm

At a blooming cat shop in Bristol unfortunately.
Found a gaming shop trying to find a club as well.
Baldie

Postby Dropshort » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 am

Plan on been in all day, with Test of Honour.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Two good games of Test of Honour, the first against Reece, very good game but to be honest I can't remember who actually won.

That game being 24 points per side, me using basic stuff, Reece with his bandits, a bit of a glass hammer really, but a nasty one.

Second game, a 2v2, me with Reece (who was nominated as one of the captains) and James with Graham.

Decided to let my Ninjas out for a laugh, backed up by a unit of spearmen to make up points, even more of a glass hammer.. Thankfully James brought is ladies, and proceeded to have a grudge match with Reece which was hilarious to watch but obviously frustrating to be part of. G having a more conventional force thankfully played it a bit cautiously, had he pushed forwards it would have been worse for me.

saving grace was a low level of ranged fire on the other side, decently supported but few in number.

Reece's taunting came back when karma yawned and James, in a single activation minced both of his samurai after several rounds where he kept fluffing the strike or damage rolls... Karma has an odd sense of humour but its fun. While this was going on me and G put a couple of blood drops but otherwise nothing, Ninja not good at range, and nor were his spearmen, thankfully G's archers didn't do a lot.

at this point my lot were facing G's forces with James's heading over, I got one of G's samurai, but thats when we called it.

Lessons...

- Don't send your samurai out unsupported, they get surrounded and eventually your luck runs out
- tests of honour can seriously hurt some of the more 'bandit' type forces with low morale
- un-armoured models need a damned good evasion capability and to be facing few ranged troops otherwise they are going down
- low ranged fire and timid movement leads to a long game

good fun though :)
leopard

Return to Arrange a Game