Sat 22nd - Annual Xmas Apoc

Requests for a game, or looking for an opponent? This is the place to ask or look.
Forum rules
Posts older than 180 days will be automatically deleted

Re: Sat 22nd - Annual Xmas Apoc

Postby leopard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:46 pm

virusoverload wrote:are we using proper force org for this? and are we using the chapter approved '18?

Would suggest a legal force, though with 3k each its "rule of four" not rule of three.

CA18 I'd suggest if anyone has it, use it, not sure whats in it other than point values though that may be important
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 am

I have a question about the deployment of transports. Specifically the "dedicated transport" like Rhinos/Razerbacks/Chimeras ect. I know you don't have to buy a squad to ride around in them anymore, so you can just have them.
But if I was to take 4 Razerbacks when would they deploy? FYI I'm not planning on doing this.

Taking my 4 Razerbacks example, say I give them all twin lascannons, are they troops or heavy support?

Or would it matter what they are transporting?

Take a Chimera with a Guard Vet squad and company commander in, dose the chimera come on with the elites or whenever it wants as it has a HQ riding round in it?
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 am

Dropshort wrote:I have a question about the deployment of transports. Specifically the "dedicated transport" like Rhinos/Razerbacks/Chimeras ect. I know you don't have to buy a squad to ride around in them anymore, so you can just have them.
But if I was to take 4 Razerbacks when would they deploy? FYI I'm not planning on doing this.

Taking my 4 Razerbacks example, say I give them all twin lascannons, are they troops or heavy support?

Take a Chimera with a Guard Vet squad and company commander in, dose the chimera come on with the elites or whenever it wants as it has a HQ riding round in it?

would suggest they go down with heavy support, given most are not massively fast vehicles
leopard

Postby Old Longy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 am

Dropshort wrote:I have a question about the deployment of transports. Specifically the "dedicated transport" like Rhinos/Razerbacks/Chimeras ect. I know you don't have to buy a squad to ride around in them anymore, so you can just have them.

Tie each transport to a unit at start of game and deploy as that unit. The unit doesn’t have to be inside it. Once the game starts the link is mesningless.

Yes I know this could be fudged a bit, but overall it shouldn’t make massive difference and if you drop them all on the board first turn you are risking losing them all first turn as they will be the only targets for your opponent’s anti vehicle weapons.
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Dropshort » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 am

So this Chimera belongs to the company commander and the Vet squad are just riding along with him.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Dropshort wrote:So this Chimera belongs to the company commander and the Vet squad are just riding along with him.

Its apoc, just run with it I guess, if it turns out to be a problem we can adapt for next time.

its only really Chimera and Razorbacks that are likely to be a problem, I guess Wave Serpents could be, but does anyone locally have enough to worry about?
leopard

Postby leopard » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Can confirm will be using Orks, can (just about) manage 3k of them, about 3k2 in total - likely not an ideal mix for APOC, but frankly when has that ever bothered me before?

if we are likely to be upgrading to 4k let me know and will run chaos - indeed if we want some sort of theme can run them anyway.

Thought on Orks is they are Blood Axes (because Blood Axes are the best orks) so can run as mercenaries on either side
leopard

Postby leopard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Coming down with the start of a cold so going to pull out of this one to avoid spreading it far and wide and to try and kill it before crimbo.

keen to see how the deployment method goes though.

for those I don't see before hand, have a good un :)
leopard

Postby Old Longy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 pm

leopard wrote:Coming down with the start of a cold so going to pull out of this one to avoid spreading it far and wide and to try and kill it before crimbo.

keen to see how the deployment method goes though.

for those I don't see before hand, have a good un :)

:-(
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Baldie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:12 am

1. Did Scott cheat
2. Did James turn red and mutter at his dice
3. Did anyone say stupid flyers
4. Did girlyman peer around his cover and say I will be right behind you
5. Did Longy look at Big Paul and say how much plasma.
6. Did the stick insect jump around the table imolating units each turn whilst the other side hoped his legs fell off.
7. Did Keirons stuff look great.
8. Are there new dice shaped holes in walls
9. Did Jimmy's war hound get to shoot anything
10. I know Dale didn't loose half his force on turn one
11. Did everyone have a fab time
12. Did I get hammered in Swinton the night before.

I know the answer to 12 and can guess a few more
Baldie

PreviousNext

Return to Arrange a Game