Sat 3rd June

Requests for a game, or looking for an opponent? This is the place to ask or look.
Forum rules
Posts older than 180 days will be automatically deleted

Re: Sat 3rd June

Postby Baldie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Will do a 288 list specifically designed to murderise the gyptians
Baldie

Postby leopard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Baldie wrote:Will do a 288 list specifically designed to murderise the gyptians

Sorted :)
leopard

Postby Baldie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 pm

Ancient British

Division 1
Warband Large
Warband Fanatics
Warband
Warband
Warband
Skirmishers with Javelins
Skirmishers with Javelins

Division 2
Chariots
Chariots
Chariots
Light horse
Light horse

Total 288

Was going to use Greeks but didn't fancy letting you run round my rear. The mighty warbands still fear your units of archers and the lads with the big axes
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Dropshort wrote:Might be a bit late in the day for this since you have all arranged to play with littler men then normal, but the Baron himself is looking for a game of musket and tomahawk. Will there be anyone around kill his French?

Doubt I will have enough time for M&T after our chariot race, get him to bring yours in and Graham may be free
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:05 am

Mmmmmmmm really want to bring the Greeks cos they are based for desert

They will get slaughtered by your chariots and other missile troops but will do it so stylishly

Division 1
Hoplites
Hoplites
Hoplites
Light inf
Light inf
Skirmish javelins
Creten archers

Division 2
Hoplites
Hoplites
Light inf
Light inf
Skirmish javelins
Rhodian slingers

Total 288
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Well that was fun, defeated, but reasonably close, liking how stuff works until it all gets a bit fragile then collapses, figure maybe another turn or ranged fire, or one of the turns I had being better and the damage may have been enough.

Great fun though, can see adding a few more to them.

I'm noting my 'medium archers' fight with 5 dice, my close assault troops only get one more.. also I have some light spearmen who are the same in support as the more expensive models - thinking some light spearmen to sit behind the medium front line perhaps
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Good game indeed, here it is.

Glad the cavalry types never made it into the flank.

https://houseofgaming.co.uk/author/theb ... eview=true
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Good write up, you being terribly kind on just how awful my deployment was.. forgot units needed to be touching to support hence the initial mess.

While it may seem my archers being at the front was a mistake the idea was more or less sound, 'da plan' (such as it was) was for the archers to have a clear shot to put some wounds on you, they put a few more on in combat before dying, leaving your now battered and weakened units facing my fresh combat units at close range - the point being my actual assault troops are only 6/6 clash/sustained, while the archers at 5/5 are not too far off, but have the long ranged attack as well.

Actually wondering on a line of archers, with cheaper light spears glued to the back for the 2 extra support dice - its only one die less than the assault guys would be, but has the potential to include more shots up front. I think for a larger force thats how I'd go, probably four units of archers/light spears, with a central unit of the Sheridan Guard (clash 7 IIRC, may be 8), also backed by spears. few skirmish units out front as a screen, and lighter archers on the flanks without spear support for cheaper firepower..

Then have two pure chariot flanking forces, one with the clash 8 spear chariots in.

Need to think a bit more
leopard

Previous

Return to Arrange a Game