Ow do?

A place to post a brief introduction to yourself and the games you play, currently, previously or are just interested in

Ow do?

Postby YORKSHIREHOBO » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi All

I live just over the hill from the shop in Stairfoot. Youngest has just turned two so I'm starting to get out a bit more again :) Have been board gaming over past few years with a mate in Huddersfield but we're struggling to get together as often as we used to. Thought I'd look a little closer to home for a regular gaming slot with like minded folk.

I've got the following in my collection at the minute:

Pandemic
Machi Koro
Dust Tactics
Space Hulk (2009 edition)
Blood Bowl (2nd Ed) only human and ork plastic minis but would love to have a few games as it was a favourite of mine growing up.
Chaos in the Old World

Not sure if these will be of interest to you chaps as you seem more geared toward skirmish and wargaming. Thought I'd mention em in any case. Haven't played many wargames in past but I'm certainly interested in having a go if you've time to explain the rules.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you all soon. I'll try and pop in middle or back end of next week if you're meeting up and have room for one more.

All the best

Ben
YORKSHIREHOBO

Re: Ow do?

Postby Baldie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi there

We do play board games as well as miniature games.
Bloodbowl is bound to go down well, we are just about to start a slow burn Mordheim tourney if that's of any interest and only needs a handful of figs.

Re games everyone is happy to show you how to play and can lend a second force for a demo, far too many to mention em all but Flames of War, Relics, 40K, Batman, Malifaux etc are just some.

Club day is Wed and Weekends are usually busy as well
Baldie

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi there and welcome, this is a club like no other, well worth wandering in :)

Earthlings here are usually up for most things, and happy to show how stuff works too. Most of us have enough models for ummm several players...

Don't mention candles to Daz, and Col has a thing about tigers. Other than that some of us are mostly normal.

Welcome :)
leopard

Postby YORKSHIREHOBO » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:21 pm

Cheers for the welcome guys :)

What time do you usually meet up on Wednesdays? I'll try and get down then. Quick question for the uninitiated, what's the difference between bolt action and FoW?

See you soon

Ben
YORKSHIREHOBO

Postby Baldie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi There

Two main differences between FOW and BA

1 BA is a platoon level game we play in 28mm whereas FOW is a Company level game played in 15mm
2 BA is a game I can often win at whereas FOW isn't
Baldie

Postby leopard » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:44 pm

FoW is a hell of a lot cheaper to play, models are seriously easier to paint and there are a lot more varied forces. It's also a better game.

BA looks jaw dropping when we'll done

BA has another advantage, there are a lot of 28mm rules systems out there if you don't like it

Best bet is try both see what you like and then as the insanity takes hold get both...

It's the Janco way

We do big multiplayer games of both as well :)

Btw, I'm the southern exile, try to get up once a month, will probably say hi properly eventually. Be wary of the purple headed one, she bites, typically me
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Not convinced about FoW being cheaper to play, I suppose it depends on your forces.
Jimmy

Postby virusoverload » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 am

FoW is only cheaper for you guys that can get models from 1500 different companies lol.
virusoverload

Return to Introductions and Profiles