Introduction

A place to post a brief introduction to yourself and the games you play, currently, previously or are just interested in

Introduction

Postby BigGrumpyGamer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello,
Thought I probably should say hello.

I'm Matt, I moved to Goldthorpe in October last year, but it wasn't until recently that I stopped working in Lincoln, which now means I might start having a bit more time to join a gaming club in the local area. I do have an 8 month old though, so I still don't have a huge amount of time.

I play GuildBall when and as I can, and I would like to get to the point where I am having a game every week so I can get back into tournaments etc. I record a Guildball podcast, and I'm hoping to become a pundit at some point, but want to see what the community is like first and then try and run some tournaments as well. I also have models for WWX (though I've not played since the beta) and also have the Godtear Early access models should anyone be interested in having a few games of something currently in play test.
BigGrumpyGamer

Re: Introduction

Postby Jimmy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Welcome!

Me, josh and Scott all play guildball, although it hasn't been played much lately. Too many other games about :D
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi, welcome to the mad house, don't know who plays Guildball locally but I'm sure I've seen it played so bound to be a few here with it, and if you've played in tournaments you can tell them how to play it properly...

We play just about anything and everything and are willing generally to give everything else a go.

You'll get to know our many quirks but most of us don't bite too often, and generally not that hard...

:D :D
leopard

Postby virusoverload » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Welcome. As Jimmy said there is me, him, Josh and also Keiron that have guildhall but other games have got in the way lately. Wed all happily play more.

I've got butchers and half of the blacksmiths.

Josh has fish and farmers

Jimmy has morticians and something else

Keiron has brewers and masons I believe.

What teams do you play?
virusoverload

Postby BigGrumpyGamer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:57 pm

I have Alchemists and Farmers ready to go and Hunters in pieces on my painting desk ready to be based up and undercoated. Once they are back on bases though I will be more than happy to utilise them as well for social gaming.

I've also got a pre-order down for the the Falconers.

I'm sort of hoping if there is enough interest in the area and I can get myself onto the Pundit program I'll start running the launch events for people, and may be even do something with a Rookie league or Escalation league, so potentially I might start playing a few other guilds because of that as well.
BigGrumpyGamer

Postby virusoverload » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Sounds good. And something like that will do us lot some good with getting back into the game.
virusoverload

Postby BigGrumpyGamer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:18 pm

What day do you tend to game on? I see from the list its normally Wednesdays or Sundays
BigGrumpyGamer

Postby Jimmy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Wednesday night is usual games night, from around 5:30 until 8:30ish
Jimmy

Postby virusoverload » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Yeah Wednesday night is the wargaming night at the shop and then people usually try and organise games on Saturdays/Sundays depending.

Unless we've been turned out on the Saturday by magic players.
virusoverload

Postby Baldie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Welcome

I don't play it myself but plenty of others do, I also moonlight at the Gimps in Sheff on a Thursday evening 0700-2330 and Bill there would play guildball every week if he could get a game.

Come down play games in Janco's and no doubt more will join.
Baldie

Next

Return to Introductions and Profiles