Hey

A place to post a brief introduction to yourself and the games you play, currently, previously or are just interested in

Hey

Postby mattauton » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi. I'm a newbie to Gates of Antares and Bolt Action but do have a 500 point army for each (concord for gates and British for bolt) and just thought I'd drop a message to say hi.
Longy asked me to join as I'm considering coming down, making new friends and playing some tabletop games.
But just had 1st baby with wife 10 days ago so might be a while until I'm down.
But hopefully when I can make it I'll see you down there.
Many thanks
Matt
mattauton

Re: Hey

Postby virusoverload » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Welcome to the mad house. Hope to see you down for a game soon.
virusoverload

Postby Baldie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:47 am

Ey up
Congrats on the baby

Looking forward to some more games of BA, V2 is out in Sep I believe.

Got lots of Russians, decent amount of Germans and a 1K DAK force.
Baldie

Postby Old Longy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:59 am

Welcome matey.
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Jimmy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:16 am

yeah, I want to get some more games of Bolt Action in - I have Brits, Japs, Germans and Americans
Jimmy

Postby mattauton » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:57 am

Jimmy wrote:yeah, I want to get some more games of Bolt Action in - I have Brits, Japs, Germans and Americans

Thanks. I've got 500 point soviet army all unpainted of course and t-34 tank for them too
mattauton

Postby mattauton » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:58 am

virusoverload wrote:Welcome to the mad house. Hope to see you down for a game soon.

Yeah hopefully mate, never had a battle yet so be good to get some games in
mattauton

Postby leopard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 am

Indeed welcome, a friendly bunch, weapons check as you enter, with suitable weapons supplied if you don't have your own. Colin makes a killer cup of coffee, and reacts well to the favour being returned.

Just remember that defeating Scott is amusing, and defeating James requires body armour for the effects it has on him. Otherwise the traditional way to win games here is bribing your opponent.

If your dice let you down, see James, he has reams of advice on how to motivate dice.

People here will play anything really and most of us have a lot more than you will normally see so anything you fancy just speak up, we will all laugh at how no one plays "that" game, then all admit we have several armies for it...

:cow:
leopard

Postby Old Longy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

leopard wrote:Indeed welcome, a friendly bunch, weapons check as you enter, with suitable weapons supplied if you don't have your own. Colin makes a killer cup of coffee, and reacts well to the favour being returned.

Just remember that defeating Scott is amusing, and defeating James requires body armour for the effects it has on him. Otherwise the traditional way to win games here is bribing your opponent.

If your dice let you down, see James, he has reams of advice on how to motivate dice.

People here will play anything really and most of us have a lot more than you will normally see so anything you fancy just speak up, we will all laugh at how no one plays "that" game, then all admit we have several armies for it...

All true....
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby virusoverload » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Old Longy wrote:
leopard wrote:Indeed welcome, a friendly bunch, weapons check as you enter, with suitable weapons supplied if you don't have your own. Colin makes a killer cup of coffee, and reacts well to the favour being returned.

All true....

A little too true :)
virusoverload

Next

Return to Introductions and Profiles