Games workshop at it again

News and Announcements

Games workshop at it again

Postby Tiger 1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:36 pm

As Games Workshop are starting there little game again told you they not changed :smack: :smack: :smack: We will no longer be dealing with Games Workshop as of next week outstanding orders will be put through so dont worry.
All Games Workshop that is left in the shop is now 20% off itb all must go.
:wall: :wall: :whatever:
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Re: Games workshop at it again

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Don't know what the issue is, but it's a shame as it's the game mostly played in the shop, and I was looking forward to starting playing the new age of sigmar.
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:00 pm

there are words to describe them, but if I used them I would be forced to censor myself and likely suspend myself
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 pm

As I said I'm not sure what the problem is, but Colin is going to miss out on a lot of business, with the Knight release and the new age of sigmar I have an expensive couple of months coming up
Jimmy

Postby Old Longy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:48 pm

:-(
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Tiger 1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:10 am

Jimmy wrote:As I said I'm not sure what the problem is, but Colin is going to miss out on a lot of business, with the Knight release and the new age of sigmar I have an expensive couple of months coming up

Let me Explain last year they asked me to take on games workshop which i did it cost me £2000.00 to do this no prob there which i could pay over a year. Then i was ill as you know the shop was only open for a bit. In which case they stopped me ordering anything as we fell 4 payments behind so the orders we have done for you we bought at full retail price and made nothing on these as we not want to let our customers down.
Last week we cleared the bill :woo: :woo: So we rang Games Workshop to put order through and they said we have to open a new acct as we have not ordered for 6 months(remeber they stopped me ordering )from them and they have closed the acct :whatever: :whatever: So we said ok np open the acct This is what we where told we have to buy £2500.00 start up stock before they can do this spread payments over a year :wall: :wall: Think i already been there :wall:
Janice has kept them and all my suppliers imformed all the time i was not well and what was happening all of them except one has been fine guess who ?. But im not going to put myself back into debt for that amount for a second time so there you go now you know :sorry:
I think this was so unfair even if they said you paid you pay for your order up front i would have said that was fair but to make me start from scratch that is so wrong i feel.
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:17 am

This may make me a bit unpopular, but I don't think gw have done anything wrong really, they're a multi million pound company and if you don't follow their rules then there's a million other shops that will.

It's a shame, as being the only local shop that did a discount you should have been laughing, and I'm sure with a bit of advertising and some ebay/online sales you could have turned over 2.5k in a couple of months.

Anyway I hope this doesn't affect you too much Colin and business and your health gets better
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:33 am

Stuff happens, understand the issues around cash flow though, especially for a small business on tight margins competing against the online box shifters.

don't blame you for wanting to avoid the stress of it again though, as yes sorting £2k5 of orders (at trade value so a fair bit more retail) in a few months is likely possible but its the cash up front to do it thats the problem, especially given how GW don't exactly make forwards planning easy given the short notice of new stuff.

pity, but thats the break sometimes, and certainly don't blame you, GW still have the "big corp" mentality (daft really, they are big for a games company but they are tiny for an actual international business) and at some point need to realise that working with people who help them make money and not against them is better in the longer term.
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:46 am

It seems to be working fine for them at the moment, why should they change?
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:14 am

Jimmy wrote:It seems to be working fine for them at the moment, why should they change?

because it could be working better?

Its not a whine about pricing, just about that if they worked better with smaller companies and indeed clubs they could likely shift more.

I gather they are having production issues related to the power to the factory so they can't run flat out currently though so they may not care.

However its the smaller shops, especially where there is no GW you can actually game in nearby that help actually bring people into this insanity in the first place, once they are all gone and GW have all the revenues for themselves thats fine.. but where do people who are interested in starting out go?

GW have had a hot/cold relationship with independent retailers for years, alternatively seeing them as sales, and that sales are good or seeing them as evil parasites stealing revenue they want through their own retail chain - at least we don't have some of the daft rules smaller shops in the US have to put up with
leopard

Next

Return to News and Announcements