40k Challenge Event

News and Announcements

Re: 40k Challenge Event

Postby leopard » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 pm

virusoverload wrote:I'm in but wont be painted lol.

:roll:
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Any idea if the new FAQ are in effect for this?
leopard

Postby virusoverload » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Nope.were keeping the rules as we already stated.
virusoverload

Postby leopard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Sold
leopard

Postby leopard » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm

1st draft of a list, 1,999 points, sticks 151 bodies on the table. Would be more but I don't have alternative HQs to bring in, 9CP under the pre-FAQ rules used here.

Will be giving this one a run tomorrow as I've got the models done, how well it will do against Dark Angels is anyones guess, depends how many bullets they bring I guess
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Second Draft...

2k on the nose, 10CP

1st Detachment (Hive Fleet Kraken Spearhead)
- Old One Eye
- 3x Carnifex (Monstrous Talons, 2x Deathspitter with maggots, bone mace, tusks, spore cysts)
These guys get +1 Attack for the tusks on the charge, +1 S8 AP:-1 D3 damage attack from the mace, are -1 to hit when shot at, they get +1 to hit on the charge (so WS:3+), can do a mortal wound on the charge (each) and the ranged attack is 2x Assault 3, S7 AP-1 D1 with 24" range. Not bad for 115 points each.

2nd Detachment (Hive Fleet Kraken Battalion)
- 2x Broodlords
- 2x 20 Genestealer, 5 with Acid Maw
- 1x 8 Genestealer, 2 with Acid Maw

3rd Detachment (Hive Fleet Jormungandr Battalion)
- Hive Tyrant with quad devourer with worms
- Winged Hive Tyrant with quad devourer with worms
- 2x 3 ripper swarms
- 3x 10 termagants (pistol version only)

Brings 90 bodies to the table, of which four are Carnifex, two are Tyrants and two are brood lords.

The rippers and termagants are cheap objective sitters/grabbers and otherwise expected to keep out of the way, Jormungandr means if they don't advance or charge they always have the benefit of cover - not worth a vast amount but can't hurt and better than the alternatives given their job.

Genestealers do the heavy lifting of the assault work, likely a brood lord as warlord for the Kraken ability - in any fight phase it can pick a unit within 6" (e.g. itself), that unit fights first, or after the first enemy unit that charged fights - this is nominated at any point in the phase - so e.g. after the first enemy unit has swung, so they can't simply swing at the one nominated. Also allows a Kraken only artefact making the warlord -1 to hit at range which can't hurt

the tyrants are here for anti-horde duties and to look scary, they are not actually that important but may be able to help the smaller gribbles capture and hold objectives on the flanks if not too well defended

They don't get to stop bombing over flies, the list lacks the bodies to do it unless castled in half the deployment area when it should work nicely, but the Carnifex should make a mess of whatever they can catch, all the Kraken stuff is "advance 3d6 pick the highest", they also have a stratagem "Opportunistic Advance" which if declared before rolling the dice doubles the result..

think Genestealers moving the base 8, potentially another 10-12, and then being able to charge, and potentially able to fight twice when they get there with another stratagem.

Or they could fluff the charge roll, and the CP re-roll then get murdered....
leopard

Postby Keiron » Tue May 01, 2018 1:37 pm

just a heads up for Sunday, a few of us are talking about going for a breakfast at the Toby carvery near Dodworth at 8am if you want to join us. If not we need to be in Doncaster before 9:30.There should be plenty of free parking on the road at that time of day.

The address is Doncaster Sub Aqua club, Grey Friars' Road, Doncaster DN1 1QN
currently playing Kings of War, Zombicide Black Plague, Rum and Bones, Batman, Marvel
Keiron

Postby leopard » Tue May 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Mmmmm breakfast

Likely be up for that, need fuel
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun May 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Greta fun event, two amazing games

first against Adeptus Custards, 25:2 to me in Scorched Earth... suffice it to say Genestealers like Custard, and Custards seriously cannot hold objectives turn after turn, they just don't have the bodies.

Second against Ad Mech, James, stick with them, they are evil, 3-5 defeat in Front Line Warfare, Tyranids don't like Forgeworld Knights with S7 heavy 2d6 18" range AP:-2 3 damage flame cannons.. sweet jesus what can get through that that isn't T:8 itself?

end of that game saw me with one broodlord, sadly not the warlord who died T1 to chicken walkers, a spore mine and two biovores (and only that because it all hid out of sight the previous turn), thankfully he camped in his deployment and didn't really advance. A slightly better deployment myself would have nerfed his T1 infiltrate and likely seen the game a draw

Cheryl wasn't worth the points, 2x7 rippers would have been way better since never faced a flier properly all game, just one jet bike who got eaten by a broodlord.

Great fun though
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun May 06, 2018 8:31 pm

How did everyone else get on?
Baldie

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements