I must!

Wacky Races in 1/32, or 1/64 if you must

I must!

Postby davec » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:06 pm

I've succumbed and bought a 1/64 race set. I don't have a lot of room at home for a full size one, so went for the smaller scale.
davec

Re: I must!

Postby leopard » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:33 pm

davec wrote:I've succumbed and bought a 1/64 race set. I don't have a lot of room at home for a full size one, so went for the smaller scale.

smaller ones actually have some nice track bits, the loops look a lot of fun for one thing
leopard

Postby davec » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 am

And they go like rockets! In the set I bought you get a figure 8 with a corner chicane and bridge. You also get a mechanical lap counter. The cars stick to the track better than the 1/32nd ones - no flying across the room. You can feel the magnets as you lift them off the track. I fancy getting one of the sets with a loop. You can also get a set with Dick Dastardly and Mutley, just right for Reece! On the next Scalextric Sunday I'll set it up on one of the smaller tables.
davec

Postby leopard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 am

davec wrote:And they go like rockets! In the set I bought you get a figure 8 with a corner chicane and bridge. You also get a mechanical lap counter. The cars stick to the track better than the 1/32nd ones - no flying across the room. You can feel the magnets as you lift them off the track. I fancy getting one of the sets with a loop. You can also get a set with Dick Dastardly and Mutley, just right for Reece! On the next Scalextric Sunday I'll set it up on one of the smaller tables.

Oh gods yes please do, I had heard they stick a lot better, guessing weighing nearly nothing probably helps with that.

Mutley.... mwhahhhahhaaaaa
leopard

Postby davec » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 am

I nipped into Hobby Craft at the Meadowhall Retail Park on Friday, on my way home from work. They had about a dozen of one of the new Micro-Scalextric sets ay £40 (£10 less than its retail price). It has the new track system in. My wallet was lighter when I left the store! Unfortunately, it was the only Scalextric kit they had.

Dave
davec

Return to Scalextric