D-Day...

Janco World War Two, multi system campaign

D-Day...

Postby leopard » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Given this is becoming an annual occurrence, and from speaking with the master himself last Saturday its on again this year my mind wanders. As it does, hopefully one of these days it will come back, if anyone sees it let me know.

Thinking of running an allied list this year, couple of reasons, firstly is different, secondly if James faces my fortress company again I think he may end up slitting someones throat.. prefer if thats not me :)

So the bunkers, minefields etc are open for someone else to have a go with, planning to run the 29th Infantry Division :usa: Nice distraction, not used the Doodles before so a nice change.

Just need the paint brushes out again.

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:
leopard

Re: D-Day...

Postby Dropshort » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Hmm very interesting. Looks like for a change we might have more allied players then axis. Might have to get creative with the lists this year.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:48 pm

Oh planning on brining both sides up, if only because every time I bring one side it seems every one else brings the same side..

Creativity and imagination, especially when combined with the level of vast intellect and tactical ability found at Jancos, leads to the sort of amazing games that makes facing the M!, with average speed cameras... worth while..

:woo:

Bit of thinking ahead can't hurt... I mean how hard can it be....

:smirk:
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:28 am

Pre planning? What is this madness you speak of?

Could start with asking people what they want to use and what the have. I'm sure most of us have both axis and allied forces by now.
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:52 am

Oh sure I have allies and axis but unless you want em drinking vodka or turning up in shorts I had better go in as Axis.
I only have painted tanks though so may need a kindly type to loan me some troops.
Baldie

Postby Dropshort » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 am

It's a beach assault. In June. If you can't turn up in shorts for it then what can you turn up in shorts to?
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 am

You meant breach party, sorry dude I thought you said beach party.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 pm

:poke:

Thinking do Hit the Beach on the Saturday as usual, with suitable lists for the scenario of what was on the beaches or just behind them - then the airdrop stuff we did last year. Have one objective or two on the table, they are the key - the allies capture them from either direction and they can break through to the other side, before that the beach and rear area are seperate.

In effect start seperate but have a 'key' to allow the games to interact directly, as opposed to just being down to when some random artillery falls on the wrong side.. Gives the Germans something else to defend.

Day two go inland a bit, this lets the cats out of the bag, fight over an inland town or village, lets Colin go nuts with Tigers but keeps them away from the beaches themselves.

Can bring up a fair bit of German side stuff.

Thinking for day one having more allies than axis players works, given much of the axis points is as mobile as concrete, possibly the same on the second day with the Germans defending a hastily fortified town, the lack of mobility making them easier to control.

I also have shorts, holding them back as a suitable threat, they could certainly end a war..
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:21 am

Good plan, nice and simple and uses what we did last year as a starting point so most people have an idea as to what they are expected to do.

On a side note I nominate Chris as supreme allied commander. It's tradition after all.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Tradition is important :)

Aiming for KISS, at this scale anything else will fall over

Just need Reece as axis commander

:)
leopard

Next

Return to WW2 at Janco