EW infantry aces anyone?

Janco World War Two, multi system campaign

Re: EW infantry aces anyone?

Postby Dropshort » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:01 pm

You'll take what the empire gives you and be thankful of it.

Coming over here with ya diplomatic immunity.
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Another glorious win for the allies, oh wait I am the axis for this game vs Chris.

Very lucky to set up table before the roll for mission and Chris picking a quarter to defend.
Managed to run across the table and take out two MG nests before the 6 bren carriers came on and smashed me.

As the reserves came on in a wood they could only move 8" when they came on so couldn't quite get to me.

Amazing what a random roll on a mission means as many of them I think the mobility and amour of the carriers would hurt my rifle guys.

Think we should do some games on the 6x4 table to see how it plays.

Kudos to Chris for sticking with the fortress company.
Baldie

Postby Bob Typhoon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Hate the crappy fortress company it is so boring to play would much rather be able to assault things using an infantry company and may be move the odd model around the table. Will have to play a normal decent sized game using a late war scenario.
Bob Typhoon

Postby Baldie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Def fancy doing some bigger 1550 points lists for EW

I think your fortress list is a little better than you think it is, the mission we played it was pretty much a forlorn hope for you when we set up.

I personally wouldn't mind if you switched to another list for round 2 and 3 at the cost of six victories to the axis perhaps.
Baldie

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

no its fine will stick with it for the time being but yeah do fancy some more early and late war games the one between mark and jimmy looked really good.
Bob Typhoon

Postby Baldie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:43 am

Cain pulled out a win.
We played a 700 point second round game and rolled for Pincer, rolled for defender and I got to attack.

Mark had to put three units in reserve and three on table with delayed reserves which meant that my guys managed to assault one objective and just managed to get it.

Mark brought his Mortars and then free Mortars in on my platoon now holding the objective and got em to under half strength but they managed to roll for motivation and stuck around giving me the win.

Again the random mission and random defender was the main factor in the win, hate MG teams blasting at me.

Cain now on full points so can afford to hide at the rear for next round, though the axis still seem to be winning.
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Sun May 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Ok guys we need to crack on with round two so we can then move to round three.
I say we do round 2 through May and in June move to round 3 with the last big battle at the end of June.
Baldie

Previous

Return to WW2 at Janco