Necromunda

Thinking of running a league or campaign? pull up your soapbox and shout about it here

Necromunda

Postby aeonofhorus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Battle for survival in the nightmare undercity.

The first date I can come in to the club is February the 3rd, I'm hoping to have discussed a few things with potential players before then if possible but it's no big deal either way.

I have the first newsletter underway and am eager to offer a free range to players. I hate restrictions as a player so don't want to impose any as a GM (not that I'd be GM just the guy making some funky ideas up for fun events or rules alterations).

Any gangs are welcome. I have little to no experience of gangs outside of the core rules and Outlanders but that shouldn't be a huge problem.

I have some terrain I'll fetch in, it's not loads but it is Necromunda friendly.

I think the best rules to use are the community ones on Yaktribe. I have a copy if the hardback rulebook but they are expensiveand hard to come by. Yaktribe download is free.

If anyone has any questions or comments please do say. If this post is stepping on the Mordheim stuff please speak out as I really don't want to interupt that.

Richard
“He who obeys, does not listen to himself!”

Friedrich Nietzsche
aeonofhorus

Re: Necromunda

Postby Dropshort » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:57 pm

I see no reason why the club can't run 2 campaigns at once.

Plus as of February the Mordheim games will be more multiplayer focused so would be looking at 1 game every few weeks.

I'm interested in giving this a go but not 100% on the advancement rules. But it would be nice to be a player not a planner for a bit.
Dropshort

Postby aeonofhorus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:58 pm

No problem.

I really don't want to step on anyone's toes. The Mordheim stuff looks great and were I to find my warband I'd definitely seek to join in.

I don't mind doing the planning and stuff, I enjoy it and hopefully can give you guys the chance to play (I'll be playing too but I'll make sure my gang recieves negatives of events just like everyone else).

As for advancements; each scenario has different opportunities to acquire experience on your gang members. Some of it is randomised, for example most scenarios offer 1d6 experience for surviving, but mostly it's for achieving goals in the used scenario. Then of course you have upgrades to your gang members at certain levels of experience. Gang Leaders and Heavies start at quite a high level of experience compared to the other members but offer higher stats (leader) and specific weapon options (heavy), gangers start with some experience and are essential to the regular movement of your gangs resources (they are the only ones who are able to work territories to gain credits), juves are young members who start off weaker but are actually quite valuable if you can keep them alive.

There is a fully downloadable version of the rules on Yaktribe. It's free to download and use.

Richard
“He who obeys, does not listen to himself!”

Friedrich Nietzsche
aeonofhorus

Postby Psycho Bins » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:31 am

I'll give it a go
Psycho Bins

Return to Discussions, Comments and Proposals