Janco's Heroes

Thinking of running a league or campaign? pull up your soapbox and shout about it here

Re: Janco's Heroes

Postby Baldie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:55 pm

I will pick you up at ten and will bring some suitably town like stuff.
Baldie

Postby Dropshort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Looking to be down for 10 to set up.
Thinking in typical Janco fashan kick off will be around 11
Dropshort

Postby Jimmy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:20 pm

sounds good
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Cheers Janice, James and Colin

Yet another great day.

Will start a write up and pics as I guess it will be a long one.

Suitable starting would be.

Cain grimaced as Anastasia stitched up his leg, how he had managed to get back to the remaining members of his squad safely he would never be sure. He guessed that in all the confusion no one had spotted him as he crawled under the Panther his last clear image was those Amazons storming over the car and doing a number on him with their handbags.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Well my thanks to Colin for hosting, James for being a highly effective GM, Boycie for failing to kill my tank over several turns, Donna for proving it is possible to roll dice well, who knew? and everyone else for a generally fun game.

Think a non-playing GM was half the secret here, the other half being the scenario designed to promote and work with the chaos that these large games end up as..

Much fun was had, as always well worth the trip up, roll on the next one :)
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Ok ladies and gents strap in for this as it is a bit long.
Those with a delicate nature please be warned that liberties with historical accuracy have been taken.

Janco toys in Barnsley put on Janco's Hero's day, basically several tanks and crews racing to get into the bank. The doors of the bank were armored 9 so would need a tank to open em, apparently roomers abounded that one of the tank crew was tired of the war and may be open to a deal. A leadership test against the tank crew and if you won you got to control the tank for an action. Each tank had three crew that could potentially bail out if hit and three strong command team that gave boost to accuracy and pen of their tank if within 6" of it.

The three tigers that were defending the bank plus their infantry consisting of bunny girls with big shooters, mix of panzershreck, assault rifles and sniper rifles.

This was Colin's tank co owner of Janco Toys and all round tiger nut.

Next up was Scotts Cromwell, most of us painted em up so we could also use them in our regular armies. Most of us

Dale and Donnas firefly with his good old boys

Jimmys Cromwell crewed by a bunch of ner do wells

It came with a sunbathing deck and won him best painted on a roll off, well deserved in my umble opinion

Marks Sherman with big Joe

Cain and his crew for mother Russia a Lee, this was mine and as the crew were armed as seen I in effect had two flags with pointy bits, a rapier, two pistols and some sharp teeth whilst everyone else seemed armed with all kinds of wonder weapons

Pauls Tetrach, the only tank with Recce

Saskias firefly with a crew made up of cleverly picked and named crew, so cleverly that I can't remember the specifics cos I am less clever

Boycies panther and his weasley crew last seen in a VBCW game thankfully without the Panther which today was the last tank to survive

Tanks in the square

the table

We all started on random sides and had to race to the bank, blow the doors off and get our commander into the bank past the three tigers that were unable to act until shot at or we got too close and the bunny girls who were defending from the roof tops. Clearly the sensible thing to do was act together to take out the tigers and then all walk up to the bank. The winner was not the first one to get a commander in but everyone who got one in. Remember I said sensible thing to do and then remember we are team Janco with a proud tradition for duplicity and back stabbing that would put most dictatorships to shame.

James the GM with his rattle of power

It begins, Cain moves off towards the town with Petrov, his dog Hitler and Mother Russia

Scott takes the first pot shot at a tiger that wakes em up then and gets a couple of crew stunned results in return which was actually quite lucky for him all things considered as two tigers shot him in turn 1.

With an incredible shot using Cains ability to give +1 accuracy and +1 pen the light anti tank gun ranges in but does nothing and the hull gun takes out Wittmans tiger on turn 1. We all though this was likely to be a quick game, how wrong we were.

Marks Sherman becomes the first of the "allies" tanks to go up in flames, Colin really enjoyed the role as evil Nazi

Unfortunately mother Russia is then brewed up by a sneaky shot from a firefly, at this point all hope of a combined attach went out the window and shameful displays of bribery, pleading, berating and bullying took over as everyone tried to convince everyone else to take out their team mates. It has to be said that Scott was particulary targeted but it was him that woke up the tigers so there.

Boycies panther fired back into what was to become a tank version of handbags at dawn with the firefly and panther firing for several rounds for little effect

Scotts Cromwell makes it into town, he had pretty much started in the town anyway, and immobilises a tiger

I couldn't resist it and Hitler acting as a bomb dog hit the panther but then failed to do anything to it. I was to regret not having his teeth with me when the close assaults started.

Cromwell takes a tiger to the rear, as unpleasant as it sounds

Cain and Petrov make it to the front of the bank and take out Scotts tank crew who had bailed out, Anastasia the rapier wielding she devil was on top of the banks kebabing bunny for the after match BBQ. think she managed to run through three or four before taking a machete to the head

Cain eyeing up his escape route checked the car for keys, he has survived every VBCW game so far by being as far from the action as possible, whilst Petrov looked on at the locked doors of the bank.

Piat guy trys to knock out the tank whilst Jimmys HQ take pot shots at Cain who decides to hide behind the car

Saskia takes out a Tiger with a great shot but rolls on a special chart and finds out the shell was over charged and did take out the Tiger but the resultant back blast adds six pins to her tank. Two Tigers down so we can now try to bargain with the last one

At this point several commanders try to negotiate with the Tiger, some get control of it and decide to shoot their fellow players rather than get it to blast open the door.

Cain who had managed to take win several assaults finally gets taken out by Jimmys girls who leaped the car and took him out, everyone who knows him was surprised he had made it to the middle of the action rather than observe from the rear. Cain actually managed to crawl to safety ignored as the Chaos went on around him and was comforted a little by the fact that his blood seeping under the door was the first part of a commander to get into the bank, his spirited game play also won him wooden spoon and most sporting player for how he died with good grace. Personally I thought they all just took pity on me.
As people now realised that if they no longer had a commander who could actually get into the bank they may as well either take out everyone elses commanders or the vehicles able to open the door so no one could get in, if we could kill all the bunny girls as well it would actually be possible for everyone to lose this would be Janco gold.

Marks commander the last one on the table were shot down under a hail of fire from the Tetrach, the bunny girls and a Panther that had just rolled around the corner. Butch and Sundance would have been proud of his glorious end.

Pretty much everyones commander had now made it to the doors and died to the assault of the next commander who made it there. This despite the fact that all of our figures counted as heroic so needed a six to kill em.

Colin was declared the winner as no one had made it in with Mark and sir Boyce a close second and third.

Fantastic game and the tanks actually played out really well with most taking a couple of shots before being blown sky high, really great way to spend a day and we all got a special Warlord female sniper for taking part.

Thanks if you have made it this far I highly recommend something similar if you can stomach the attack on the historical component or our beloved game and Tank Wars on a big built up table really went well with so many players meaning any dice could come out and you best laid plan was bound to fail.
Baldie

Postby Tiger 1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Well what a great day thank you all. Thank you Big Lee for this glowing report.

The three tigers that were defending the bank plus their infantry consisting of bunny girls with big shooters, mix of panzershreck, assault rifles and sniper rifles.

This was Colin's tank co owner of Janco Toys and all round tiger nut.
Have to agree with this sorry Scott and Mark for blowing up your tanks.

This was so much fun ill ready for the next fun bit.......
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Postby Old Longy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 am

Colin won?

Colin WON!?!?!??!

I call shenanigans!
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby madness » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:16 am

That's only cause we all went on a mad bender and killed each other, and in doing so stopped each other winning.
madness

Postby Baldie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 pm

It degenerated into the worst human nature can display, such hatred and bitterness as they all turned on each other.
I am glad I took the moral high ground and kept quiet when I had the good grace to die.
Baldie

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions, Comments and Proposals