Janco's Heroes

Thinking of running a league or campaign? pull up your soapbox and shout about it here

Janco's Heroes

Postby Dropshort » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Gentleman I've had an idea.

Odd I know and yes it hurt.

I was talking to Colin on Sunday about world of tanks & how a some games have tried to do it using there rules. That's when I got the idea.

What I want to do is the last battle in Kelly's heroes. With a Janco twist, this is what I'm thinking.

Bolt Actions Tank war rules
Everyone that plays gets one tank, it can be any tank they want but it has to be a tank and it has to at least have a chance of hurting a Tiger.
The tank has to be 1/56 scale.
Everyone that has a tank also needs 3 infantry, they are important for the objective I have in mind.

The idea is everyone that wants to play buys a tank kit off Colin, then has say 4 or 6 weeks to build it, personalise it and paint it ready for the game.

For the game it's self its very simple, get your heroes (your infantry) into the bank that's in the middle of the town, that's been defended by 3 tigers & there supporting infantry. It's every man for himself in true Janco spirit and if I can umpire the actually game I have a few ideas to make it interesting.

So what are your thoughts?
Dropshort

Re: Janco's Heroes

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 pm

sounds interesting :)

would be cool if you could do it with some of the 1/35 scale kits col has in - as they're lovely, however they'd be pretty useless for every other game :)
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Sign me up for an Objekt-103 in 1/56 please
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 pm

A Maus for me I think
Jimmy

Postby Dropshort » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Baldie wrote:Sign me up for an Objekt-103 in 1/56 please

Has to be a tank that was around in the war.

The second world war before you start....no later then 1944 if you want to be technical.

If you can find the bolt action rules and a 1/56 kit you can use an experimental tank I suppose.

Just one more thing, go heavy tank if you want, but it won't be getting into the town.....

Did I forget to mention that you kinda need your tank to blow the doors off the bank?
Dropshort

Postby Dropshort » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Oh and remember it is a race...
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:18 pm

I know nothing on the Bolt Action tank rules... however can see having a go at a single 28mm scale tank just to play with weathering stuff, and a few infantry for scale...

Will be up again, not this weekend but perhaps the one after so may have to have a lookie..

Not seen the programme/film in question... a bank?
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm

It's basically a bank job, but instead of a safe cracker it has a Tiger's 88
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Dropshort wrote:
Baldie wrote:Sign me up for an Objekt-103 in 1/56 please

Has to be a tank that was around in the war.

The second world war before you start....no later then 1944 if you want to be technical.

If you can find the bolt action rules and a 1/56 kit you can use an experimental tank I suppose.

Just one more thing, go heavy tank if you want, but it won't be getting into the town.....

Did I forget to mention that you kinda need your tank to blow the doors off the bank?

IS-3 is in Ostfront, more than happy to through the town rather than through it if you know what I mean.
I have a terrible selection of standing buildings but can do a great line in ran through by a tank ones.
Great idea by the way.

Really fancy the one where we bring a single tank each, maybe two each, and get picked into two teams to slug it out.
Baldie

Postby Dropshort » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Colin is behind this one, was easy really all I had to do was say he would be in charge of 3 Tigers.

I'm thinking 6 players would be a good number to aim for.

What I need from you guys it a date for the game to be a deadline of sorts, to speed the word and any other suggestions.
Dropshort

Next

Return to Discussions, Comments and Proposals