Viktor Leonov

Thinking of running a league or campaign? pull up your soapbox and shout about it here

Viktor Leonov

Postby Baldie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 am

I classify myself as someone with an interest in WW2 and military history rather than someone who is particularly clued up on either but I am always amazed by how little I actually know.

Never heard of this guy before, watched a documentary about him last night. I now know whey the units of Spetsnaz in FOW are so stupidly small, it turns out he should be the commander and make up pretty much all of your 1750 force on his own with just his small squad as back up.

According to the documentary which doesn't match what is said on tinternet after helping to liberate Norway he was sent off to Korea and he and his 150 men managed to get the Japanese commander and his 7000 men to surrender, now as I stated no expert but I am sure I heard on the grapevine that your average jap was not well know for surrendering.
Apparently he walked up to Japanese commander pulled out a grenade and said why don't we both die together, the commander surrendered himself and his force on the spot.

He ended war as a two time hero of the soviet union and helped set up the Spetsnaz martial art thingy which seems to be pretty much kill anything in your surrounding area using anything else in your immediate surrounding area as a weapon.

Cool dude, def getting my Spetsnaz scouts for FOW to go with my BA Spetsnaz unit now.
Baldie

Return to Discussions, Comments and Proposals