Leopards WiP

Incomplete masterpieces, what are you currently working on?

Re: Leopards WiP

Postby leopard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Started work on the Anglo-Saxons, after picking them up yesterday.

Best way to describe the Gripping Beast plastics is "functional", details is not amazingly sharp but for the price they will do.

so far have assembled a Warlord on a 50mm base with a banner dude on there to keep him company, archery levy and a unit of hearthguard, plus a start on the second levy unit (spearmen)

plan is to get them assembled and primed this week and start painting next week
leopard

Postby Baldie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm

The dark age archers are def an improvement on the filing and Saxons they brought out.
For the price they are superb.

I can guarantee you will paint them before I do my Goths.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:38 pm

With Chain of Command actually seeing WW2 28mm hitting the table I've re-started my Imperial Japanese Army, sort of, well have ordered a few bits to hopefully see them able to take to the table without using markers for some weapons crews. Also got a few extra odds and sods to use as a support, second sniper, because SNIPER!!!!, flame thrower team and some bods carrying and chucking anti tank bombs just in case the three I already have are not enough.

not sure how long it will take to paint them though, hard bit will be setting up somewhere to prime them first
leopard

Postby leopard » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Have now put the Sigmarines from the AoS starter together, actually not that bad as models, once you get past the silliness of them, but this is a GW game, embrace the silly..

priming with a brush failed though, given air compressor is OOC currently will have to wait a while and get some rattle cans and a box to spray into to prime them, may even get one of the GW gold sprays to go over them with after priming

the nighthaunt models are very nice though, will likely make a start on them late in the week

should have enough for small games reasonably quickly, can run the desert rats now as well since I've finally got the actual rules etc.
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 pm

Started painting the Nighthaunt thingies

that Hexwraith Flame green is actually pretty damned good
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:35 am

Thought they were more Japanese when I first saw them.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Baldie wrote:Thought they were more Japanese when I first saw them.

Japanese.. dead guys.. all pretty much of a muchness really

have the 20 chainrasps (the smaller horde type ones) more or less done, just a couple of washes and the bases to finish. Wanted to see how long they took doing all 20 together as there are another 40 of the sods due in January with the magazine collection starting and the extra copies of the first issue i've got on order
leopard

Previous

Return to Work in Progress