Leopards WiP

Incomplete masterpieces, what are you currently working on?

Re: Leopards WiP

Postby leopard » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Baldie wrote:A knight, you filthy beast.

Donna got it me as a birthday prezzie several years ago, never bothered getting the rules, just like the model.

That said I do have plans on a revised APOC force that may have it as an option.

It is a really nice model though.

Actually liking the Tamiya paints, they airbrush really nicely at low pressures where the VMA ones clog up, alcohol based and apparently the pigment is ground up much finer.

Horrible containers though
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:49 pm

New toys for Blokov, not quite finished yet.

And a group shot, showing how effective the camouflage is against 'ground clutter'

Rear pair need the light blue panels sorting on the underside, front two are the basic colours completed, needs varnish and decals, then a black lining oil wash to finish.

horrible models to make though, nose cones don't fit properly and the resin is hated by my superglue.

Turned out ok though in the end.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 pm

They look great
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Yeah, I had to putty and sand the nosecones
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Some fortifications for 40k, aiming for usable with the Thousand Sons, theme is stuff deployed in a built up area hence the colours which are not exactly camo...

Bastion and its laser cannon, the comms array is built but not painted as yet

Bastion with its outer defence line.

Normally see these buildings painted via 'base & dry brush', figured I'd see what they looked like layered, like the effect, they need dirtying up a bit though at some point
leopard

Postby Baldie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Look really good in that colour, I wouldn't dirty em too much as I always had the Thaasand Sons as nice clean living types.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Baldie wrote:Look really good in that colour, I wouldn't dirty em too much as I always had the Thaasand Sons as nice clean living types.

Thinking this is meant to be something at Prospero, in the main city Tsomething IIRC, so would be reasonably clean - thinking the weathering will be a bit of grey around the bottom and a light dirt coat, again around the bottom - 'recent' dirt more than anything heavy, perhaps one or two small bits of rust around the shell holes but nothing more.

Pain to paint just for the size of thing, the white isn't all that perfect - but thats actually what I was aiming for, a flat white I'd airbrush it...
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:39 am

Built this about a year ago, bought it before we moved down here..

Finally finished painting it, well needs weathering but will do for now

leopard

Postby leopard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm

A little something slightly different...

Not finished yet

Her heels need painting with the skin wash and layering, also her hair needs sorting - this is the second attempt (first was blonde, which didn't really work) - face needs a fair bit more work.

Bought because, well just because really, 1:24 scale from the shop, nice practice for flesh colours
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Bin playing

Nice little models really, happy with how the armour turned out - washed with thinned purple ink which has just given a little something to the metal, and fits nicely with the cloak.

Not added the transfers on the girls foreheads as yet but enjoyed making and painting them
leopard

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress