15mm WW2 Defences

Incomplete masterpieces, what are you currently working on?

15mm WW2 Defences

Postby leopard » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Few of the defences for the up coming D Day game

Also the first pic of the gaming table in a semi useful form, nice bedsheet table cover. (fiver from Asda, will try to get a beige and blue one as well).

Lots of static grass still to go on, but thats not a massive job
leopard

Re: 15mm WW2 Defences

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Looks good in terms of painting and actual model quality etc. but not good in terms of it all going to be shooting and blowing me up. ;)
Bob Typhoon

Postby ironbelly2 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Good job well done there fella... :D
ironbelly2

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 pm

No where near enough of it, utterly jaw dropping just how much of this stuff you can actually have. The Omaha beach list can have some 32 razor wire defences for example.

Thinking of experimenting with resin casting later this year, found some flexible resin like the BF roads and think it would make perfect razor wire bases, can even stain it dark brown before casting.. mass produce some of this stuff.

Doubt I have the skill to cast models, even if I could sculpt which I can't but terrain stuff should be possible :-)

The thought of assaulting one of these lists in a normal "hit the beach" scenario is scary.
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 pm

That's what I`m worrying about but it still should be really fun and I really look forward to it should be a good game and I looked at the Atlantic wall book last night and they are some really interesting and nasty lists in there would love to do one as they look really good but you cant use them in normal games.
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Not a lot preventing you running a fortified list normally, though the game is a lot better if you agree to run such lists before hand.

Indeed the game actually plays a lot better if you agree a theatre to play and pick forces that had some half way historical chance of fighting, Soviets have real issues facing Allied assault lists especially, Africa lists have a devils own job at Stalingrad etc.

Partly why I hover Mid War at tournaments, its a lot more stable with only two books and have found running both allied and axis makes a huge difference - axis need not even think of running tigers and allied lists generally do not need to bother tooling to face Soviet hordes, can focus on what the list does well and forget the stuff it just can't handle.
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:53 pm

oh its just that I have not seen many people play that list could be due to people not having the models.
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Bob Typhoon wrote:oh its just that I have not seen many people play that list could be due to people not having the models.

It changed beyond recognition from Earth and Steel, where you could run them with essentially no defences as a slightly odd infantry force if you wished, now you get hardly any troops and a massive amount of static stuff thats mandatory, don't know anyone with the models to actually run one of these in full on mode, I've built what I can in the time but even so missing loads of the options.

Really does need setting up right so the attacking force is suitable, like the air drops yes you can drop onto tigers but frankly why bother...
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah have looked at some of the older lists and they looked a lot different like you said but it should be good and I cant wait until the weekend looking like it will be a good game.
Bob Typhoon

Return to Work in Progress