Randomness

Incomplete masterpieces, what are you currently working on?

Re: Randomness

Postby Baldie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Randomness continues

Everything from CSM Bikes to 15mm forges being put together.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Best way, helps stop boredom having a wide range on the go at once
leopard

Postby Baldie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Too early to tell for sure, the bases may save them, but I think I have ruined some Nurgle.
It apparently is possible to paint a Nurgle figure bad enough.

Will see how they look after the bases are done, at least it will be a fully painted force for Apoc.
Baldie

Postby Old Longy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:14 am

Air guns can Fork right off.

admin edit: minor edit for language... After looking up what it meant
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Baldie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Bemused
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Choo Choo ready for painting.
Will post a pre paint shot, it is effing massive.
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:08 am

Still bitterly disappointed at his grievous wounds at the hands of the local choir Cain has decided he needs to be able to extricate himself from the field even quicker.

Behold the mighty and imaginatively named Cain's Express, the rolling stock was "Gifted" to the lads by the local railway men that have been helping the flow of troops and supplies from Grimsby to South Yorkshire and back as part of the coal route linking the mines to the docks.

Not sure how many games it will get as it is not like you can use it to drive around the battle field, can see it broken down or acting as a strong point or at a push make the board rotate under it and just have a number of ambush points. The plot is starting to thicken in my mind.

Reminder of what it was

Now the beast from the East Coast, those expecting the flowing curves of a RichH project may wish to put down their cuppas now. This iron lady is built like me, curves in all the wrong places and once it has a good head of steam it will take some stopping.

It is a tad on the, will it fit on the table side

First flat bed

Choo Choo bit

Troop wagon with an MMG on each side

Tankers full of the Voddy promised by Stalin, cos the others have been bullked out they are a tad small but I am sure I have seen teeny tiny tankers on the railway as well

Next flat bed with a couple of MMG bays, could be the horse box if I add a couple of ramps when used in the East East in our RCW games

Last troop car again with an MMG on each side, gave up on curvy bits for the carriages they will just have to square off the tunnels a bit more.
Used the vent bits from the top of the old carriage to try to make it look a little less flat on top.

Also a little sting in the tail for when the Mexican Banditos are trying to catch up

No doubt there are prettier trains out there but it certainly does what I need it to, now to slap on some paint.

Think I am going to go grey rather than my normal Soviet green
Baldie

Postby leopard » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Oh I think that looks the part.

If you're concerned over the lack of curvy bits on the top there is a dead easy solution, stick a few bits of brick on the ends of the train, with perhaps a "low bridge" sign laid on the roof of one...

Sort of on the top bridge modification?

Keep in mind for that neck of the woods the old H&BR would work nicely, Wagons in a Lead grey colour (white for anything carrying chilled goods), passenger vehicles in teak (easily done, off white base and a few coats of teak varnish with a brush and they look the part), locos in a very dark green, and if your bothered Ultramarine blue lining with vermilion edges.

Then whack the whole lot with a dusty grey/dirt colour along the bottom to muck it up.

Good for a rail yard setting as well
leopard

Postby Baldie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Now that's an idea.
Raid on the rail yard, there is loads of track and stuff to do that.
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Undercoated it this afternoon and slapped it up this evening.
Probably went a bit mad max on it but it will see the battle field from RCW through VBCW and WW2 and can even see it in project Z and Judge Dredd.
Dale came up with a great idea of getting more use out of it by not just using it as a train scenario but set it up as scatter in a rail yard as well.

Baldie

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress