Leopard's FOW Americans

A place for your armies to call home

Re: Leopard's FOW Americans

Postby Baldie » Sun May 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Look great
Soon another force able to destroy me at will.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun May 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Baldie wrote:Look great
Soon another force able to destroy me at will.

Oh I dunno, late war Soviet lists scare the poo out of me, not found a reliable way of building a generic list that can handle them that isn't German, and then they suffer against many other types.. Soviets are so far out there you can hardly see them.

Battlefront bringing plastic infantry out soon... Now thats dangerous, let Bolokov have infantry that match the rest of the toys I've resisted so far as they won't match the infantry... :smack:
leopard

Postby Tiger 1 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:26 am

Arrrrggg Americans there going to be a lot more allies than germans :lol: but my big guns will kill them you not get off the beach :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They do look good though well done Dale.
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Postby leopard » Mon May 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Lol, not just a force for D-Day, most of the tanks here can't be taken in Overlord anyway, they are for Blood Guts & Glory...

Will be bringing the 29th up and a German list so can see on the day what we go with.

Think this lot have a decent chance to get off the beach though, they have a lot of toys for dealing with defences and a few tricks for assaulting troops as well :)
leopard

Postby leopard » Thu May 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Armoured rifles now glossed, infantry basing is finished so they will get the matt finish completed probably tomorrow night, half tracks look good, pain to paint though. 4th Boat section primed and also will be more or less done at the weekend. Also have the Priest battery sorted as well plus some of the stuff to try weathering if the time permits (if not will follow after the event)
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Armoured Rifle Platoon, infantry

Rest of the platoon is also finished, vehicles still in gloss though and unpictured.

Completed objective, weathering is over the top for something thats active but for a tank with a blown transmission waiting recovery for a few days its fine.

Getting there
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun May 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Massssivvve army now.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:44 pm

5th and final boat section now completed, well they all need base edges varnishing but thats a job for Thursday or more probably Friday..

Had to break out a couple more colours, not used to a list that has five combat platoons (indeed can actually have six, but have split the 6th to make the support platoons), the usual RGB just didn't cut it, pity the poor swines who have pink and white, could be worse, the engineers have yellow.

working on the 3rd support section and final two flak halftracks as well, 4th and final support section should be done Thursday... and thats the assault company done, ready for D-Day.

Landing craft are now also painted up, as with everything else bar that objective a bit glossy, also have some brown oil paint now for rust effects but all the weathering will come probably July at the earliest.

Post D-Day the assault list actually looks pretty capable, the basic platoon is only nine teams, but has a pair of bazookas, a light mortar and a flame thrower in it so they do have a bit of bite, even if its not from the rifles. Support sections are odd as well, six teams, with a single HMG and a single 80mm mortar (so they are really only good for direct fire). They can reorganise to run as a standard HMG and a standard 80mm mortar platoon though so I will have to build the other two mortars and eventually these guys will have duel unit markings on them. Bit lacking in anti tank as they currently stand, but have a few ideas on that for D-Day...

Also not too far from having a working list from Blood Guts and Glory, and eventually will have a more conventional rifle company to add to the mix so the yanks are very definitely coming, a few years late as usual.
leopard

Postby leopard » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:00 pm

The horde grows...

:usa: 3x M4 Sherman
:usa: 4x M4 Jumbo
:usa: 5x M4 Easy Eight
:usa: 5x M4 Duplex Drive
:usa: 2x M10 + security section + spare M20
:usa: 3x M7 Preist + command, Observer M4, M2, Jeep & AOP
:usa: Combat Engineering Platoon, Trucks and Bulldozer
:usa: 4x Flak Halftracks
:usa: 3x Boat Sections
:usa: 2x Support Sections
:usa: Assault Company HQ
:usa: Armoured Rifle Platoon Halftracks

:usa: Armoured Rifle Platoon Infantry
:usa: 2x Boat Sections
:usa: 2x LCM
:usa: 3x LCVP
:usa: P-47 thunderbolt
:usa: 1x Support section (unbased)
:usa: 1x Support section (unpainted)
:usa: Various spare infantry models

Plus misc other stuff for other forces and games, and a small quantity of mess & clutter, should have all the painting done by tomorrow with models on bases and filler applied to complete Friday morning.
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Managed two games over the weekend against yoof's Germans, agreed a 2k list and ran two games with it - random scenarios.

He run Panthers, I cried a little inside, the first outing for my US armoured force and they face panthers. Went for a 'Bulge' setting so no aircraft on either side, a balance thing as he hadn't any anti air models (bought two whirlwinds today though so my P-47 will be out next time).

First game was defending 'Hasty Attack', my dice were on his side, didn't manage to kill anything more or less got wiped out with just half an infantry platoon and some artillery hiding, hurty.

Second game was also defending, this time fighting withdrawal, an evil little mission, he did to his credit see the mission clock and decide to get on with it (my attempts at distraction failing), but to no avail, a pair of E8s took out one panther platoon, the HQ and another platoon got his CiC & 2iC, he conceded after his remaining panthers stayed pinned and I mowed his infantry down with flak half tracks (oddly satisfying that).

Fun game though, his are painted better than mine, thats what I blame for the first game anyway.
leopard

Previous

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries