We come from the East.

A place for your armies to call home

We come from the East.

Postby Dropshort » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Due to a lack of funding and the sheer amount of armys I need painting I was forced to pick up a brush in November last year and actually paint some things myself.

Now I'm told I've not done too bad a job on what I have done and found that if I work to a deadline, don't do too much at once and set simple goals that can be achieved I can get through things pretty fast. For me anyway.

Anyway this is my next project.
Attachments
IMG_20150301_144041.jpg
Going to start with the pikemen first and I will keep you posted
IMG_20150301_144041.jpg (171.59 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
IMG_20150228_212440.jpg
IMG_20150228_212440.jpg (126.62 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Dropshort

Re: We come from the East.

Postby Baldie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Great to see you cracking on with em.
Baldie

Re: We come from the East.

Postby Dropshort » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:18 pm

These guys had there first outing today.

While out for a nice Sunday afternoon walk a foul smell caught the Strategos attention, turning to the north he saw a large, smelly, unwashed barbarian horde. Half of which riding equally smelly horses or chariots. Taking in the situation he immediately ordered his young nephew to take the light cavalry and have a look and see if they would take there smelly army away. Happy that the situation was dealt he ordered his infantry to rest up and have there picnics.

Unfortunately his young nephew was easily excited and really wanted to try out his new bow, as soon as he was told he was in range he order all his cavalry to open fire. Understandable the barberians didn't like this and a deadly game of cat and mouse began. Seeing this the strategos nearly choked on his wine, he started ordering his infantry to form up but they were to busy eating to bother listening to him.

Mean while his nephew and the light cavalry where riding rings round there foe, it was all going so well until the young boy was distracted by a passing cloud that resembled a women's breast. By the time his aids had brought him back to reality he only had a few hourse archers left. His uncle would not be happy.

After seeing the loss of the cavalry the infantry final formed up to face the enemy infantry, then waited.....and waited, and waited.

Eventually the two lines of infantry clashed, on the right of the line at least. The archers unleashed a volly causing one unit to stop and count there dead, and the light infantry in a truly herculean effert did something to the unit that was bearing down on them and forced them to brake. The Phalangite heavy infantry, the strongest units on the field barely held, the Strategos would be having a word with the drill instructers if he survived this.

After a long drawn out fight the Phalangite finally got the best of the barberians and pushed them back for the lighter infantry to finish off. As day light was fading the barberian cavalry and chariots charged into the winded and shaken pikemen,riding over one unit and only just stopping short of going over the other. Sensing the end was close the Strategos rallied his remaining troops with promises of cheep wine and cheaper women. He lead the charge and was great full that his men followed. The sudden charge caught the enemy off guard and the sudden appearance of cavalry behind them was to much for the barbereans and they broke. Uncal meet nephew in the middle where tall tales where exchanged of dearing acts and floating giant breasts, and it was agreed by all that no one would tell the boys mother about the days events.
Dropshort

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries