Virus' year of gaming

A place for your armies to call home

Re: Virus' year of gaming

Postby virusoverload » Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 pm

So now I'm doing commissions.... But I'm still working on my own models. *Shock Horror* I can't believe I'm motivated enough to work on my own models never mind other peoples AND my own.

After working on the few infinity models that my friend asked my to paint I was in the mood to paint some more infinity models and started on a few of mine. These are lovely models which go together really well.. For Metals.. I'm so used to putting together plastics for malifaux that the metals proved difficult to start with but that wasn't an issue with the casts just me.

Well less babbling and here's the models:

First up is my Spektr. I play nomads and this dude is basically the predator. He stays invisible, and when I say invisible there isn't even a marker on the table to say he's there until I say so. So going off this I decided to make him nice and dark while keeping the orange I want as a running theme in my Nomads.

Next is my Mobile Brigada. This dude is basically Iron man without being able to fly. I figured he didn't need to hide and would waltz up and torch someone with his flame thrower. Hence the brighter colours. No need to hide.

virusoverload

Postby virusoverload » Fri May 15, 2015 2:03 pm

So it would appear I have a very understanding fiance ...Or... I'm just very good at convincing her to let me take up space in the house. Not only do I have a games room for retro games and wargaming stuff, I've not conviced her to let me build a 6x4 gaming table in the cellar. Can't argue with that.

So after a trip or two (forgot a piece I needed) to B&Q and £30 later I now have a gaming table.

As you can see I've also been working on some more terrain, as well as gaining some from the Operation Icestorm box from infinity.

Next thing I needed was a surface for the table, I don't want just one surface though. Which means I need cloth's of some kind. First as a test I made a 4x4 gaming mat out of some old bedding and silicone sealant.

Here's a closer look at the texture of it. I achieved it by screwing up a carrier bag and dabbing it on the silicone whilt it was still wet.

I now just need to paint it and maybe flock parts of it as well.

Next will be a full 6x4 gaming mat. Fingers crossed.
virusoverload

Postby virusoverload » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:48 am

Ok I've done some more infinity models for james. Loved painting these, makes a nice change from my stuff.

virusoverload

Postby leopard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 pm

There are gorgeous I have to say, that white/purple works very nicely
leopard

Postby virusoverload » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks. james suggested some purple on the robot and the heavily armoured guys. I think the white works really well with it.
virusoverload

Previous

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries