Leopard's High Elves

A place for your armies to call home

Re: Leopard's High Elves

Postby leopard » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:16 pm

A unit of Reavers ready for the table...

Need to get a move on, the campaign has started, I need a 2k force with 50% core... hoping the next unit up for painting, Silverhelms will get me a force I can use, even if its a bit odd.

Love the IoB models, have another five of these to do, will have to try and make a musician out of one of them.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Look nice and poncy, just like an elf should be.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Baldie wrote:Look nice and poncy, just like an elf should be.

Oh hell yes, just a pity they don't do one in heels with a tutu really, be a good unit champion.

Will end up using the grey legion with this lot, no way in a month of Sundays I'll have a viable 2k force for the first game, will settle for actually having 2k built...

First Warhammer army all on steel bases and from the ground up built to be able to store and transport reasonably easily.

Have a dragon as well, saving that little gem for when I have enough core to field an army...

Dragon...

In a campaign...

Where it can be put in armies that won't be facing cannons...

:shifty:
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Slightly more progress...

Photography is on the dodgy side as experimenting with lighting and as you can tell, haven't got the hang of it as yet.

Swordmasters

These are older metal models, which need varnishing before they get used but I'm happy with how they have come out.

Work in progress - Flamespyre Phoenix

Toying with an airbrush, which I have about the same grasp of as I do lighting photographs but happy with it so far, eyes, claws & beak etc still to do but happy with the flame effects.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Gold looks really good.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Baldie wrote:Gold looks really good.

Easy to do, black primer, then a base of charred brown & gold 50-50, highlight gold. Provides a nicer base than using a tin colour below it as its dark & dull not dark & metallic.

Takes an age as it dries quick, meant to pick up some of the retarder just so there are two retarded things in the kitchen but I forget. There is a moral there somewhere.

Enjoying doing these dudes, the phoenix was easy to get to this stage, dull red primer and some reds, then about six bazillion layers of yellow followed by a red highlight.

I hate yellow.
leopard

Previous

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries