2020 Projects

A place for your armies to call home

2020 Projects

Postby leopard » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Have two new armies started for 2020, so far at least, both for Age of Sigmar, both chosen because, well I liked one and the others come in the same series..

So we have Nighthaunt and Sigmarites. So far the models from Soul Strike and Soul Wars have been built, issues with not having an airbrush currently have caused problems priming - a gap in the weather allowed the Nighthaunt to be primed with a rattle can.

forgot how much mess that makes, have some gloves for next time

those nighthaunt are now painted, just needing base rims varnishing, and at some indeterminate point a mud effect adding - just a brown paint on the bases for now. have spare chain rasps, build another 20 of them and get them done and have a viable force for 1,000 point games.

Sigmarines are built, but waiting priming..

pictures hopefully at the weekend when the lighting is better, nice models though, easy to paint and have them look pretty good too.
leopard

Re: 2020 Projects

Postby leopard » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Forgot the pics (obvs.) but have primed more chainrasps and started painting them, these guys will be on the table next Saturday and then growing from there.

made a stat on the golden boys too, but they will take time as waiting on the magazine for some of the colours, the ghosts are the priority for now
leopard

Postby leopard » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Nighthaunt force is now near the 1,000 point level ready for Saturday, made a bit of a start on the squigglemarines as well.

hope to make a start on the paint & modelling room this weekend if the spare room will be empty.

aiming for around March to start getting quotes for the work on the roof and garage conversion too
leopard

Postby leopard » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Piccy!

The horde before their first outing, huddled together in case they see something scary. bases are currently just a simple layer of paint, need to find the texture stuff I have to finish that bit, also need to find my Tamiya clear yellow to finish the flames off.

They actually won their first outing, which was nice, zero ranged ability but pretty nasty in combat with the ability to buff to make them better, but they do suffer when the characters start to get sniped out.

Have now primed another eight Banshees so that can be a slightly more robust group.

The little Chainrasp hordes actually did the bulk of the work, two attacks, and the dead dude on the horse able to buff a unit to have three, and others able to provide some nice buffs to hit and wound they can swamp stuff. There is the ability to regenerate them as well, though this requires me to remember it... ahem.. The Banshees did ok, munching a chariot before they themselves were sent back to the graves to consider the error of their ways. Stalkers did 'ok' but basically ended up absorbing fire, find myself wondering on the potential of just big groups of the little guys.

fun models though
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:08 am

Look spooky.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:25 am

now, finally have the book for these. points are a bit on the high side in a few cases but gods they have nasty abilities in here - if a bit unpredictable.

e.g. charge rolls of 10+ mean the unit charges, then immediately fights, before fighting again later, to get the benefit this doe mean likely charging characters first to get the buffs off and its a bit random but say a block of chainrasps 20-30 strong, buffed to have three attacks each, perhaps +1 to hit and re-rolling some failed wounds.

ouch.

nice battalions too when it comes to regenerating lost models.

Dakka has the expected lists for the magazine series, but seem to be expecting a few more bits as they have only found about 60 actual sprues
leopard

Postby leopard » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:34 am

Few more for the Nighthaunt done (unit of Spirit Hosts), paint stuff put away for a few weeks as the table is needed, may be more or less on hold for a month or so, but open to AoS games up to 1,000 points, possibly a bit more with painted ghosts. Sigmarines are ongoing but don't currently have the book or enough painted to field, do have skaven usable though.

also have made a small start on some AoS terrain, the stone ruins look usable for 40k as well given a ruin is basically a ruin, actually really like the AoS ruins, very nice models without silly amounts of detail, easy to paint to look good
leopard

Postby Baldie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Dont make me get my Dorcs out GW will only crush my dreams again.
Baldie

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries