Imperial Rome (6mm)

A place for your armies to call home

Re: Imperial Rome (6mm)

Postby leopard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Baldie wrote:Terrain as well.
Best get on with re purposing some of my DBA terrain.

my plan to 'repurpose' the limited selection of DBA terrain I have is to pretend the label on the box has been changed for now.

Just stuck that nice villa model I got on a bit of plastic sheet, have added a low wall around part of it and plan to add a few small trees. will be used as a "small" built up area, or an alternative encampment.

the actual camp is a similar size with some tents on it, no perimeter fence as its not meant to look like a fortified encampment
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 pm

At last!

Three units of legionaries, completed except for the sepia shade on the base (which will go on tomorrow when the glue has fully cured)

also have the next three (Baccus models) and some additional commanders ready to be primed.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my lads seem to like the idea of going to war in their jimjams rather then armour.
Remind me the Roman's only had a little empire didn't they.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Baldie wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my lads seem to like the idea of going to war in their jimjams rather then armour.
Remind me the Roman's only had a little empire didn't they.

They had serious trouble with <i>that</i> village in Gaul
leopard

Postby leopard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:15 am

Now think I have a working 300 point list, one question though, where VD is shown as "1/3" is this literally "one third" or is this "1 or 3" depending on something?

Anyway, the list
- General (Average)
- 2x CM Equites Alares
- 1x CL Mauri
- 2x FP Veteran Legionarii
- 3x FP Auxiliares
- 2x T Sagittarii
- 1x S Archers

comes to 299, VD is 26 + "1/3" from the CL Mauri however that is worked out, break point either 9 or 10

hopefully Veteran Legionarii will be useful (Discipline Category "A" units with a decent VBU (6) and Impetus (3), but 34 points each), will have to see if the rest can support them effectively. Not sure there is enough ranged ability here to see off all the archers expected, or enough cavalry to see off the ponies, but maybe enough to protect at least one flank
leopard

Postby davec » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:37 am

If I remember right, it's a throwback to version 1 when most generals were attached to units. 1/3 meant that VD was one if no general was attached and 3 if one was.
davec

Postby leopard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 pm

davec wrote:If I remember right, it's a throwback to version 1 when most generals were attached to units. 1/3 meant that VD was one if no general was attached and 3 if one was.

Cheers, sounds about right, have the army lists on my phone but not the rulebook..

:)
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:20 am

Managed a bit more over the weekend, three more units of Legionaries, some extra commanders and a few bods to wander around the encampment have been primed and had the silver added.

I didn't say it was a big bit
leopard

Previous

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries