New year, new army. 2019

A place for your armies to call home

New year, new army. 2019

Postby Dropshort » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Well it's still January so I guess it still counts.

Starting an Eldar army as my main project for this year.

Obviously with this ment to be a new project for a new year it means my poor, neglected and half finished projects can't qualify for this,(sorry Saga, ToH and Star Wars Legion).
Not sure why I'm not looking at a game I enjoy playing or a time period or setting I like (looking at you Pulp Alley).

The only reason I can think of doing another 40k army despite my bad luck with the game is because I know that whatever 2019 brings, be that a new games or a sudden revival of an old one, 40k will always be hiding in the background and everyone has some so the odds of getting a game are above average.
Dropshort

Re: New year, new army. 2019

Postby leopard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Dropshort wrote:Well it's still January so I guess it still counts.

Starting an Eldar army as my main project for this year.

Obviously with this ment to be a new project for a new year it means my poor, neglected and half finished projects can't qualify for this,(sorry Saga, ToH and Star Wars Legion).
Not sure why I'm not looking at a game I enjoy playing or a time period or setting I like (looking at you Pulp Alley).

The only reason I can think of doing another 40k army despite my bad luck with the game is because I know that whatever 2019 brings, be that a new games or a sudden revival of an old one, 40k will always be hiding in the background and everyone has some so the odds of getting a game are above average.

Makes sense, more than happy to try out oddball scenarios and stuff as well as more usual games.

Also have a small but growing Death Guard force here so you're not alone with starting yet more stuff for 40k, its not a bad game when people are trying to play it and not break it (which is why I think it sucks at tournaments, other than keeping that sort of player away from other games), plus the models tend to be amazing.
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Plan on doing an update on the army at the end of every month. This should help me keep track of how the army is progressing and how it's performing on the table top. So with out further ado.

January update on the army.
Started off by recycling/saving 24 guardian's from my heavy handed 14 year old me painting. They were followed by a Falcon in the Detol bath.

First purchase for the army was the Craftworlds Asuryani Bladehoast and a box of Avengers.

This gives me
A Farsear
Another squad of guardians
Another squad of Avengers
3 windriders. (Jetbikes)
1 Viper Jetbike
1 Wraithknight.

This could make a 1200 point army but a third of it would be a super heavy.

Game wise, I only managed to get 1 game in agents Dale and his space marines. Only a 750 point game but it was very close and it gave me a lot to think about.
I managed to win mainly down to the luck of the objective cards.

Vapa is early in February and I have a few things on my wish list, don't want to go too overboard though with purchases and I should have 2 squads of guardians finished by the next update.
Dropshort

Postby Dropshort » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Bout time I do an update I guess.

After an appalling outing for the Deathwatch, reminding me why they should never see the light of day, and that I'm told the new apocalypse rules have made them standard marines, the Deathwatch are well and truly finished as a table top army for me.

Luckily I have the start of an Elder army to fall back on.
First task is to find them, they appear to have gone AWOL in the move. Should mention that I have moved house and it's one of the (only) reasons I haven't updated.

I did manage to pick up a start collecting box, giving me

Another Farseer that has been made into Warlock.
5 Wraithblades
A Wraithlord
And a War walker

I also picked up a Spirit seer, 2 Farseer/Warlock on Jetbik and a Crimson Hunter that needs a bit of TLC.

I also ordered a Hemlock Wraithfighter, thinking this would give me the parts to fix up the Crimson Hunter and add another flyer and enabling me to play 1500 point games comfortable.
I received a Wraithknight, a kit that costs twice as much as a flyer.
It's a strange feeling been annoyed happy at the same time.

Painting update.
Moving on.

Going forward I think another attempt at getting the Hemlock Wraithfighter is in order but not sure after that.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Deathwatch need someone at GW who understands what they are meant to be and knows how the game works to write them a new book...

moving on..

sounds a nice bunch of pointed eared pansies backup up by the dead there, the way you have the guardians to provide some actual numbers in there for objective based games and a serious amount of shots should anyone get too close is nasty, but gods the rest can hit hard and fast.

thats going to be a challenge to handle
leopard

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries