Golden Bananas

A place for your armies to call home

Golden Bananas

Postby leopard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 pm

Now have the codex, not entirely sure how good this is, or isn't, as a list but have when they are all built a list that runs to 1,929 points...

Only a Battalion detachment and pretty much designed to fight close together so good at some things, utterly terrible at holding ground or capturing a range of spaced objectives - could do well in Apoc games though with roughly 1,000 points of something to hold an objective. (or 500 and bring a second land raider along for yuks, there being a stratagem that allows a pair of them to work together to ignore to hit modifiers), or let someone else babysit at home and also bring a bunch of silent sisters

Valoris (re-roll to hit & to wound of 1 within 6")
Shield Captain (re-roll to hit of 1 within 6")

4x3 Custodes (one with storm shield & blade, two with spears

2x Vexilus (one giving a -1 to hit against targets within 6" for shooting, no min range, the other +1 Attack to units with 6")

1x dreadnought, S7 assault cannon & close combat weapon

1x landraider, usual load out

Needless to say its not all built yet, but will be interesting to run an army that makes James's Deathwatch look like a lot of models, 18 models and not far shy of 2,000 points

Also small enough actually getting them built this side of they year 40,000 is possible
leopard

Re: Golden Bananas

Postby Jimmy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I bought a box of the jet bikes, going to run them as a supreme commander detachment with three shield captains
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 am

Jimmy wrote:I bought a box of the jet bikes, going to run them as a supreme commander detachment with three shield captains

Quite a few people have commented on doing this, and having the standards as elites to buff other forces with the 5++, +1A and morale effects.

Seems like there are going to be a fair few armies that "may contain bananas".

The jet bikes do look utterly evil though, especially with the strategems to support some of the tricks they have.

Wondering on a flight of five with a shield captain here, will have to wait though
leopard

Postby Old Longy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 am

Overweight Shining Spears if you ask me... Even if you didn't, gonna give my opinion anyways :-)
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby leopard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:35 am

Old Longy wrote:Overweight Shining Spears if you ask me... Even if you didn't, gonna give my opinion anyways :-)

Custard doesn't come cheap you know
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Two games today, two victories, both on objectives - the rule meaning one custard can hold an objective over any number of enemies unless they have a similar rule is interesting.

Seems they can take a fair bit of hammer and still keep going.

Though objectives would be their downside but actually combined with "from golden light they come" to deep strike a unit its not too hard to outflank an enemy who doesn't expend significant force to babysit each and every objective, given the custards can remove a token force.

They are very weak at range though, only a handful of S4 shots so they depend upon the armoured units for ranged firepower, but when they get close.. yes nice.

Valorian having a gizmo allowing him to attack twice is nice given he will make a mess.

Main weakness up close is facing a horde, they are all kitted to take down well armoured multi-wound models, though the usual issues around invulnerable saves exist of course, but you can hope to get enough rolls they fail some then just about everything is D3 damage.

need a few more games but they seem good.

In honour of their first outings they have gained force markings on the pauldrons which now match the armour in a rich purple, second Vexilia built as well, hope to add the third infantry unit this week... maybe the forth and final one to bring to 2,000 points...

with the dizzy heights of 18 models...
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Old Longy wrote:Overweight Shining Spears if you ask me... Even if you didn't, gonna give my opinion anyways :-)

They did alright on Wednesday :D
Jimmy

Postby Old Longy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Jimmy wrote:

They did alright on Wednesday :D

Cannot deny that!!!
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Postby Dropshort » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 pm

So the banana boys are getting forge world toys in the next imperial armour book. A skimmer transport that's cheaper then the land raider and a contemptor dreadnaught with a spear that has a lascannon on it.
Dropshort

Postby leopard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Dropshort wrote:So the banana boys are getting forge world toys in the next imperial armour book. A skimmer transport that's cheaper then the land raider and a contemptor dreadnaught with a spear that has a lascannon on it.

Explains the lack of fancy doors etc for the Land Raider
leopard

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries