Rich's Operation Cobra - FOW US

A place for your armies to call home

Re: Rich's Operation Cobra - FOW US

Postby leopard » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Baldie wrote:Mass 105's backed up by Ghost M10's a true yank player

Indeed they do have some very tasty artillery rules and the M10 are just fun, I actually like the rules for them having faced them, they are really only a danger to a force without suitable recce, and if you're running armour without recce you get what you deserve really.

Nice looking models :)
leopard

Postby RichG » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I've got m18s and m36 Jackson as well! They do seem a bit bent! Teleporting tanks hmmm
RichG

Postby leopard » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:01 pm

RichG wrote:I've got m18s and m36 Jackson as well! They do seem a bit bent! Teleporting tanks hmmm

True, but you can do a lot to get them to drop early or out of position, the security section itself is terribly fragile and if you still a recce screen to do its job near likely ambush spots you can force them to drop over 8", or over 16" if not concealed, for not many points a pair of 8-rad or armoured cars can push them back or stop them getting that sweet ambush slot.

Of course if you are careless they will utterly ruin your day, which feels about right, but spread out a bit for good visibility and it can be surprisingly hard for the enemy to place the things where they want - they tend to get dropped early and out of position simply to avoid the security section being killed first.

Whole companies of tank destroyers are fun, my infantry love them
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I've got a US Tank destroyer company - must try and get it out for some action
Jimmy

Postby RichG » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 am

I get the impression that they're a glass hammer. How many reece platoons do people generally go with? I thought it would be one, but I watched a death of war video where they were saying you should have two.
RichG

Postby leopard » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 pm

RichG wrote:I get the impression that they're a glass hammer. How many reece platoons do people generally go with? I thought it would be one, but I watched a death of war video where they were saying you should have two.

Depends on my force, only normally run armour mid war, normally have four 8-rad in two units of two.

Yes they are very much a glass hammer, thats why its so important to get them to drop out of position, if they get that first shot they make a hell of a mess.

They are also a bit of a one trick pony, my MW Soviet infantry like tank destroyers, can imagine the LW version enjoying a whole company of them a lot. Hell my Grenadiers came up against one once, it wasn't pretty..
leopard

Previous

Return to Army Blogs and Paint Galleries