OMG I only gone and won it.

Accomplishments, achievements and spoons

OMG I only gone and won it.

Postby Baldie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Played in Hyde, the set up is brill as they have bought an ex scout hut and done it up well.

BA 2 games of 1K and a game at 750 points.

Game 1 against Keith, strangely enough he was also the last person I played at a BA tourney, I attacked on a jungle board having to capture the three objectives, bear in mind I said the attacker never wins I decided to attack as I have so may shirkers getting hit by the preliminary bombardment would not have been fun.
A large unit of SS cavalry terrified one flank and a Stug 42 terrorised the middle. I manager to capture one objective and clear one leaving one held so actually a draw.
Game time limit ended on turn 5 and it would have been a toss up if I could have got to the other if it had continued.

Game 2 maximum attrition vs Nevs Americans he took out my BA-20 with one shot and I then went on to terrorise his army and get a win.

Game 3 against Davids Belgians, top secret where you have to blow up each others bases. I hit and killed one of his guns with first howitzer, then missed his second with my heavy mortar and second howitzer but then took it out with second mortar.
We had a second turn but David didnt want to continue as he was going to struggle without the guns and ally my guys running towards the base to blow it up, he actually had three armourerd transports and a tank so could have actually just mobbed towards the base and probably actually got a draw.

I would like to point out that I asked Gaz the organiser if we were really allowed to take VMFT and was told to filth up my list so felt justified to do it, I almost don't feel ashamed.

2 x 2Lt
4 x 5 man penal squads, shirkers
2 x H Mortars
2 x M Howitzers
2 x Stuarts
2 x BA-20 FT
1 x Air observer
1 x Free squad

As Keith found out my infantry squads were terrible but were really only there to get the other stuff into the lists.

Came first

Am I proud to have won yes, am I ashamed of being a little filthy for once no cos I never win em.

Will stick on some pics.
Last edited by Baldie on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldie

Re: OMG I only gone and won it.

Postby leopard » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh well done :D

:Gold:
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Filthy bastard.

Well done
Jimmy

Postby rdw » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 am

Can we stop celebrating this please? Did anyone fetch back a wooden spoon? No. So stop cheering like we f**king did. You are embarrassing the club.

Jesus Christ I move to Leeds and people start winning s**t and then bragging about it... what is the shop coming to...
"If rolling a 3+ does not get the trick done then it is Heresy." - Me.
rdw

Postby ironbelly2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Good on yer fella! Peters right tho!!! Jimmy winning Baldie winning ..shit the bed! :D
ironbelly2

Return to Hall of Fame/Shame