Space needed

General discussions related to tournaments and events

Space needed

Postby Baldie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 am

This is a tale of deckchairs, a not very good ship and the rearrangement of one on the other

As Andy from the gimps has opened his heart to us about being a Neapoliolic it has empowered me to speak.

For some time as the light is slowly blotted out in the painting room by the increasing stacks of boxes of various types I have thought I really should have a sort out.

Had a few hours this morning and I can definitely see slightly more wall than I could before but I fear it has not made a dint, the poor old Nids after collecting dust for the last four years have been sent back to the digestion pools as the Hive fleet prepares once more to navigate the cold dark edges of space, you can insert the loft here, waiting for their moment to make planet fall again. Chaos forces of Nurgle now reign supreme on the shelf's as the Dark Elves are sundered into a box to await who knows what fate. The Normans and Vikings have at least done well and are now stored in a nice carry case together after promising to behave when confined. The Africa corps have an uneasy alliance with the resistance forces watched over by the international brigade who also now have a shared secure storage facility. The Russians will be next as they have long needed some storage containers to protect them from the dust and general clumsiness of their creator.

Tiny planes now sit in an old artists box that has been donated by Gemma's mum, I was worried to find a syringe in it but I am told it has a legitimate artistic use and not the one I was worried about.

Mountains of paperbacks and boxes of buildings have been moved around to make space on the shelves and further work is to continue at a later date, some of the books will go back to same charity shops they came from do I ever wish to read the history of the revolutionary war in America?

The might race of Orcs still stand proud on their shelves and several hundred unmade goblins hammer to be released from their under shelf drawers, piggy noises are also heard from across the room as the Boar Boys worry if they will ever be allowed to ride to Waaagh. A small contingent of Dwarves also has a home on the shelf of pride in anticipation of a journey to Mordheim.

Several editions of risk and campaign will probably go into the loft and I think I will upgrade the ladder to make it easier to use so I can actually store things in it that can be reached quickly. Plan is to clear out loads of old books to charity or similar and get the main set of drawers set up for current projects only and loft to store things for ready use rather than as an area to banish old systems to.

Will it work or will the space call out to me to be filled by yet more stuff that will undoubtedly be as unpainted when I go off on my last great adventure as it is now and will be destined to make its way to someone else's horde as the wargames circle continues who can say.
Baldie

Return to General Discussions