Campaign 2015

General discussions related to tournaments and events

Re: Campaign 2015

Postby leopard » Sat May 09, 2015 8:22 pm

:lol:

And my 'prime' army was the one that got spanked, in a fight against an army they should have been able to eat without even yawning, while the secondary backup army that was thrown together to be as cheap as it really could be seems to be working better..

Think Bolokov has earned a few upgrades, thinking the following, thoughts welcome.

:soviet: Drop the SMG Company, saves a few points
:soviet: Drop one platoon in each Strelkovy down to just Rifle Teams (need to check I can do this, if not drop both down), save a good few more points
:soviet: Buy a third platoon for each company, as an SMG platoon (only need to build four more SMG teams which I have), doesn't use all the saved points, makes the two blobs megamongo and a lot harder to chase off
:soviet: Buy a flame thrower platoon, to attach into the infantry and make them a lot nastier in assault
:soviet: Drop the PTRD from the HQ, or actually build the models so they are actually on the table
:soviet: Find some cheap mobile units, possibly BA-64, to get something that can pounce quickly (army currently not that mobile) or some cheaper fast tanks for the same effect but a bit harder to shift

Need to have a think, but the list will be running again at 1,750 towards the end of June, ditto have some points to upgrade 2.Panzer a little.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 pm

If I play Strelk I normally go for two big companies and have one platoon in each as SMG rather than getting an SMG company. Stick in some ATR's to worry vehicles.
HVY mortars cos they are my fave
Artillery battalion though the 76mm field guns aren't as good as they are in EW
Some 57mm ATG's as they are pretty good especially if they get an ambush
Other than that add stuff to taste, I prefer BA-10 to 64's even though they are slower
That said my lists these days are made up based on if I can get models cheap rather than if they are effective
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 am

Managed to scrimp a bit of signal...

4th game, streak ivy attacking German pioneers in breakthrough... Won 4-3 by breaking enemy force, just as well as yet another captured kv1e, Petrov, you gotta stop losing the things

Piccies etc tomorrow

A win at last!
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun May 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Za you

Petrov is always very careless with military issue, mind you around the same time as he inadvertently misplaces some he does seem to find a large stash of sausage and schnapps.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun May 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Drat, 6:1 defeat , dust up, desert board meant enemy tanks were not fun, lost all the anti tank guns to ranged sniping. My own fault for not being able to handle them. Close terrain of a more defensive mission and would have had them.

Lots of nots taken, piccies and final results later, rest of the team did well, EW game over in 10 mins for one, and 40 mins for another, both 6:1 wins for the team :) sadly not me playing them.

One win, four defeats, two of them heavy, worst personal performance mid war and rivals the EW debacle earlier in the year.
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 pm

3rd overall, equal points with second but 3rd on countback.

Out of six in the division.
leopard

Previous

Return to General Discussions