Rushden Rumble 2017...

General discussions related to tournaments and events

Rushden Rumble 2017...

Postby leopard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:11 pm

This has been announced, the rules and scenario packs have yet to be published, apparently they have dropped the plan to use "9th age" and have decided to use Age of Sigmar for it in 2017.

This is likely to be the first year in about five I'll likely miss it, never actually played AoS, I gather now they have added a point system its not that bad as a game, but I'm not sure a torunament is really the ideal place to have your first game of something.

Has anyone actually played this?
leopard

Re: Rushden Rumble 2017...

Postby Old Longy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 pm

I'll give you Daz's phone number if you want his opinions on AOS :-)
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Re: Rushden Rumble 2017...

Postby leopard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Old Longy wrote:I'll give you Daz's phone number if you want his opinions on AOS :-)

Lol, my phone will melt.

Apparently they have a resonably regular crowd at Phoenix playing AoS, I've never even seen a game of it played. Apparently it has improved since it was launched (hard to see how it could get worse) and apparently its selling pretty well, on par with 40k (pinch of salt on that). Just never seen it played.

Will look at the rules pack when it comes out because Warren and the crew at Rushden put on one hell of a fun day, but so far it's not one I'm booking, will be interesting to see how it goes though.

Could look at it if anyone is interested
leopard

Return to General Discussions