Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?
Post a reply

Re: D-Day landing 7th and 8th June Event

Mon May 26, 2014 1:27 pm

The Panzer reserves are going to be depleted by Partisan activity.
Er indoors is expecting a day out on the 8th so may only be able to play on the 7th, not really a problem as I am sure I can get myself destroyed well before then.

By the way dale I also have three of each minefield and barbed wire sections if you want to lend em.

Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 pm

I've just realised I've double booked myself on the 7th, so will only be able to make the sunday :s

Mon May 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Jimmy wrote:I've just realised I've double booked myself on the 7th, so will only be able to make the sunday :s

We could split our force.

Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Tag team action :)

Mon May 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Jimmy wrote:Tag team action :)

I'm gonna find my spandex mask.

Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I'll get my spikey shoulder pads

Tue May 27, 2014 9:59 am

Well i have built 2 bridges and a third is in progress. Will try to put pics on soon as i can find a camera that works

Tue May 27, 2014 10:01 am

leopard wrote:
Baldie wrote:Do it, the Fuehrer will be pleased.

Currently have four razor wire, and four minefields...

Plus enough WHFB movement tray kits to make a further 16 or one or the other... though could get a few more after flipping through the new Italy books fortifications are something I can use.

This was just playing about, may look at a pair of Sword beach forces or something, limited by the defences models I can get together in time.

Two new bunkers and two 5cm KwK nests sitting assembled waiting primer hopefully tomorrow wind permitting.

Whatever happens its not exactly a mobile force

I am very please :twisted: :german:

Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Annoyingly the weather hasn't let up so unable to paint anything this weekend (I want spray primer on this stuff for the texture), but I've got the paint so if we get a decent evening they will be done. Figure the nice sky blue colour will just attract aircraft currently which is never a good thing.

Four more razor wire done, plus bases for four more minefields which will be sorted this week, again then pending half decent weather to prime them with a further few planned to be built next weekend and painted during the week, bit of a rush job really but likely to need a few more bits of trench line.

Looked into resin casting to mass produce this stuff from home made masters, sadly not enough time left to do it well not enough time for this year... so hand made all the way. At least there are no actual infantry to paint up.

On target for something like:
- 6 minefields
- 16 razor wire
- 12 trench lines
- 3 gun bunkers
- 4 HMG nests
- 4 gun pits

Will be attempted to home my plastikard skills also with the task of producing a couple of HMG pillboxes.

This lot should be managable, painting the terrain doesn't take very long (especially now the razor wire etc can be done with a can of matt brown spray as the base, just the bunkers to paint more manually). Will try to get some intel on the actual defences up at the weekend.

Then alls thats needed is for the paras to be shipped by lyingair and end up in Canada or something as its "just outside" Normandy and for the rest of the invasion force to end up on a replacement bus service somewhere...

What could possibly go wrong?

again.

Tue May 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Gonna build a list tonight for my paras...d-day book ...air landing ...list ..any restrictions on it ...as both lists have tank support.... :D :D
Post a reply