Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?
Post a reply

Re: D-Day landing 7th and 8th June Event

Tue May 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Hopefully will get a chance over the weekend to draft up some defensive forces, aiming for something reasonably real and not exploiting the way the game works too much, will see what it comes to.

The way the map is they need something facing backwards to protect the rear but should be able to have a few suitable things for this.

:german:

Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Looks like I may be the leather clad version of the eighth cavalry racing to the rescue, if the Fuhrer wakes up that is.
How about each German player having to pre post half their list to account for superior allied intelligence.

Tue May 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Well planning to post the static defences stuff, which will give away most of the infantry stuff from the fortifications.

Suggest not posting other lists, but post what the companies are.

May as well ensure both sides have the right tools for the job and avoid wasting too many units on stuff thats not needed.

Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 pm

My para list done chaps...hold until relived ...off next week can do flames at ours or in shop..also boiling loads of 4ground buildings.. :D

Fri May 23, 2014 8:02 pm

I don't know if its just the Brits, but James says its 2000pts each btw

Sat May 24, 2014 9:03 am

madness wrote:I don't know if its just the Brits, but James says its 2000pts each btw

Cool more kit for the lads....

Sat May 24, 2014 1:03 pm

2k each does allow for a bit more leg stretching, and given we have two days it provides enough stuff to shoot at to make it last :)

Sun May 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Interesting discovery, given we have two beaches I wondered on running two companies, its not like they can run away after all.

It is possible, not much support though, indeed no support, end up with three fortified platoons, two from the Omaha list and one from the Sword list, puts one on each beach and one back a bit to act as a road block.

Puts three pillboxes, a pair of 7.5cm FK (24" AT:10 guns) and a single Pak43 (nasty nasty gun) in the one further back, a pair of 5cm KwK nests (24" AT:7 guns), a pair of HMG pillboxes (which I need to build), 4x HMG nests, 6x 8cm mortars in three platoons of two all in nests backed up by three platoons of infantry (3x MG teams & MG Command team) and two company HQs with the usual SMGs.

Oh yes and 10 minefields, 32 razor wire obstacles and 8 trenchlines.

Will probably go for something slightly more sensible party to avoid having to make 28 more razor wire lengths :shock: but fun to see its possible 6 2/3 feet of minefields and over 21 feet of razor wire :?

:woo:

Sun May 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Do it, the Fuehrer will be pleased.

Sun May 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Baldie wrote:Do it, the Fuehrer will be pleased.

Currently have four razor wire, and four minefields...

Plus enough WHFB movement tray kits to make a further 16 or one or the other... though could get a few more after flipping through the new Italy books fortifications are something I can use.

This was just playing about, may look at a pair of Sword beach forces or something, limited by the defences models I can get together in time.

Two new bunkers and two 5cm KwK nests sitting assembled waiting primer hopefully tomorrow wind permitting.

Whatever happens its not exactly a mobile force
Post a reply