D-Day landing 7th and 8th June Event

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: D-Day landing 7th and 8th June Event

Postby Bob Typhoon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Wont have chance to get hold of total war rules as I`m not down at Janco`s until Saturday.
Bob Typhoon

Postby ironbelly2 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:35 pm

The sides then chaps...me, mark, Chris, James an americain para player..who are ze Germans ...sorted out all my terrain this aft ..all Normandy stuff..could do worth a game of flames Thursday evening at shop... :D
ironbelly2

Postby Dropshort » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:44 pm

I will be down Thursday and can bring some flames.

Don't know if I mentioned it to anyone but Leopards idea of having the paras start in control of the bridges is been used, half there company will start on the table the other half comes on from the sides as normal reserves, pulse every para team starting on the table will take a infantry save before the game begins to represent casualty's taken from the landing / fighting to take the bridges / getting lost in the French country side ect.

I have read the rules for air support in total war and how to arrange every player to keep there own dice pool, However there are some other perks we can chose from going on what company's people are taking, that goes for both sides, I will do my best to make sure everyone gets to look at the rules before the big day.

Really looking forward to this one and hoping it all goes well
Dropshort

Postby ironbelly2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Same ere ...be ace ...could be in about half 5ish after work ...will have flames and some terrain...good idea with paras taking hits ...has anyone a couple of tetrarchs I could borrow sat...don't want to proxy but will iff I have to ... :D
ironbelly2

Postby Bob Typhoon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

What are we using as landing craft this year as I know some people have the own and I know the shop has some but what will everyone else use.
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Plan is to get up there some time from nine to half past on the Saturday, will be aiming for earlier if possible, I get up at half six normally anyway so can probably manage it on a Saturday as well.

Force is an Infantry company, no idea what the German reinforcements will be, has a very definite chaotic feel to it which is almost certainly historical for the German side.

Donna got hold of "the Longest Day" the other day, watched it Sunday night.. very much in the mood now, or it may be fumes from glue and generally being high on static grass.
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Okay cool but I thought you were taking a fortress company.
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Bob Typhoon wrote:Okay cool but I thought you were taking a fortress company.

Oh it is, but its classed as an Infantry Company, just a fortified one, with more concrete than boots in it...
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:07 am

Oh ok sounds good I looked at the list and they look really good never seen one used with a lot of pill boxes etc so it will be very interesting to see how it is used it'll looked good too.

may be not for me though :(
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 am

Bob Typhoon wrote:Oh ok sounds good I looked at the list and they look really good never seen one used with a lot of pill boxes etc so it will be very interesting to see how it is used it'll looked good too.

may be not for me though :(

Huge issue for the list though, its written to cover a 4' beach frontage, and will now be covering two such beaches so in theory not that hard to ignore half of the static stuff and just go round it. Also IIRC the deployment rules force the stuff into actual defensive emplacements not a huge long line.

It does look pretty good though, just hope I've got me head round how to actually work it all, stuff like having the heavier bunkers more than 16" back from the line so you have to breach the line before you can shoot at them, not having troops close enough to avoid smoke bombardments, having infantry about an inch behind razor wire - so you have to cross it in the assault phase not the movement one and similar...
leopard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements