Rushden Rumble 2016

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: Rushden Rumble 2016

Postby leopard » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Will do a write up of the third game when I get the time, ended as a 5:15 defeat though, working with the goblins I faced in the first round against Warren's O&G and some warriors of chaos we both tried to stay away from as much as possible. A game that saw silly numbers of mages and typically about three power dice per turn, a game that saw a tricky charge by a few knights that survived a doom diver into the flanks of some savage orcs that was ultimately doomed to fail. A game that saw a WoC player introduced to the Wyrm Lance for the first time as some trolls were deleted, and the flame thrower side of it as some wolves were toasted, but a game that ultimately didn't see enough enemy units actually killed to score points to win.

No idea where I placed overall but not in the bottom two this time so an improvement, also managed to win the sportsmanship award, possibly for having lost three years running and still attending.

Its a fun little event, silly scenarios and forces a lot smaller than you would normally run leading to some oddball armies.

At least i didn't face three identikit empire armies like last year, and the choice to run two lances of knights seemed to work - other Bretonnian players having one larger lance that did about the same as the smaller ones I had.

In many ways a pity, this is the swamping for 8th edition for me, doubt it will be played again, and indeed these models are unlikely to see much more action except this annual outing, which apparently is 9th age, whatever that is, next year.

A day worth the drive, even if there was an insane diversion that doubled the time it took to get home at the end of it...
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:10 am

Like the reports Dale
9th age is the fan based WFB and apparently they have changed enough to make it interesting rather than a totally new game.
Will have to have a closer look as I don't think I have ever played Brets.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:13 am

Get Africa played and at some point can bring them up, they can be amusing with a few tricks for a 6th edition book..

Just glad they didn't get a half hearted 8th edition one to ruin them. There is a nice fan made version though
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Full results up, 10th from 14 in scoring, in practice 21st from 28, negative VP total so though not last still would have scored better staying at home...

Keeping up a tradition there then.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Top of the bottom half of the table, you should be ashamed.
Baldie

Previous

Return to Announcements