FOW event early war Sunday 20th April

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

FOW event early war Sunday 20th April

Postby Tiger 1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:51 am

We are running a FOW battle for Crete Early war on Sunday.
We will be using 3 tables and there will be an airfield to defend.

We have the german Paras what we need is the British troops (or we might bend the rules on this).

So if you want to join in let us know.........................
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Re: FOW event early war Sunday 20th April

Postby leopard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 am

Will be there with British, list based on the rifle company in "Blitzkrieg" as this is a better fit for the models I have. Mixing EW and LW models to make up the numbers.

No idea on force size so planning to bring a few different lists up and see whats needed on the day.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Let me know how many points and my SA will be there.
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 pm

I am busy that day - but i'll leave my Brits in your capable hands :)
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:55 am

Worth thinking about the scenarios for this.

Guessing the airfield one will be similar to the scenario in Blazing Empires (German air drop onto a defended airfield), not sure on the others. Guessing all the Falshimjager forces will be dropping in for tea, do we have any Germans wandering in on foot?

Suggest that given this is a Sunday and thus slightly shorter than previous matchups, but four individual games (with a bit of linking?) its worth thinking about in advance.

Ideas:
Have the boards in close geographical proximity - i.e. one North, one East and one West of the main table. Play the games in a synchronised sequence - i.e. all play turn one, then wait until all ready to play turn two. Units able to move from one board into the mists between the boards, taking a turn to arrive on an adjacent one (e.g. wander off the edge in T2, spend T3 having a cuppa with those units then arrive as reserves on T4 - or at least join the force reserve pool).

Possibly also run it as up to eight games, as with normal sized games should be able to get two in one each table during the day? first wave being the German assault, second wave being a British counterattack over land after the Germans have managed to reinforce slightly.
leopard

Postby leopard » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Scenario suggestion.

My British are deploying as a Rifle company. They have artillery support, suggest this is not appropriate to actually be on an airfield, but is highly suitable to be a defensive battery nearby.

Thus they deploy on one of the smaller boards to be hit by an air assault using the "death from above" scenario, the German priority target being to take out the guns and scatter whatever else they can to prevent artillery fire supporting the airfield troops.

Possible interaction with the other table is to use the artillery using the "over the Volga" rules from the old book - i.e. company commanders on the airfield table can spot for artillery fire using whatever guns are left - or the guns can fire locally as normal.

Because of the suprise nature of the attack there are no observers from the artillery battery in place at the airfield.

Intelligence reports some armoured support but no more than a single armoured platoon plus infantry carriers are supporting the artillery along with an infantry company camped around the guns
leopard

Postby leopard » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Ok, should be there for this one, aiming to be on site around 10:00... traffic permitting of course.
leopard

Postby Jimmy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 pm

As I didn't get many sign ups for my malifaux tournament - I'll be available for this.

I'll try and knock a list up.
Jimmy

Postby Bob Typhoon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Will be here for this using German paras (if they are finished in time)
or
Brits (may hav e to bend the rules with these as they are late war)
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Bob Typhoon wrote:Will be here for this using German paras (if they are finished in time)
or
Brits (may hav e to bend the rules with these as they are late war)

Not seeing problems with proxies, most of the British infantry I'm running will have late war uniforms on, issue is getting a decent force when you strip out all the late war toys like tanks which eat a healthy number of points.

Guessing its a case of "turn up and see", but no issues with proxy stuff here as long as its reasonably clear what stuff is meant to be.

:o
leopard

Next

Return to Announcements