Dust Tactics Tournament 24th January 2015

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Dust Tactics Tournament 24th January 2015

Postby adwatkin19 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi all

On behalf of Colin and Jancos I will be hosting a Dust Tactics Tournament in the shop on the 24th Jan 2015. This is the first of 3 tournaments.

Dust Tournament: Escalation Part 1

Entry fee: £10

This will be a 50 points (maximum) Infantry/support weapon only tournament. This tournament will be played on Dust Tactics grid based boards. PLEASE BRING YOUR PLAYING MATS

The games:

The tournament will not use any scenario games

It will be a straight out and out fight to the death

Each game will last for 8 turns, as recommended by Dust Tactics Literature or 1 hour whichever comes first.

There will be a turn 0 in which you bring your models on to the table up to their March move rating but no attacking is allowed in turn 0 it is a deployment turn only. Any units entitled to a reconnaissance move will take this between turn 0 and turn 1. You will then play the 8 turns as listed above.

General rules / changes to main rules:

Reinforcements - each command squad or hero can call one infantry/support weapon reinforcement each, this will go against you if these units are killed too (more points for your opponent.). This is a change to the main rules where it is one for the force per game.

No suppression rules at all, stun weapons still stun though.

No platoon advantages are allowed. You can still field a specific platoon if you wish, but you will not be able to use any advantage gained from doing so.

There are NO vehicles, aircraft or bunkers allowed in this tournament.

No more than 2 of each infantry unit/support weapon can be fielded.

Different types of command are fine. e.g. Red Bears and Red Command are different units.

Commissars - fielded as individual models attached to infantry units/support weapons are exempt from the above rule.

You must use as many points as possible, deliberate under use of points in a list will result in disqualification.

Proxy models: You may proxy models to be able to field a unit, but it must look similar/close to the actual unit and you must make your opponent fully aware of the proxy unit.

All other rules from the Dust Tactics Rule Book and FAQ stand.

Players can ask for a ruling on a matter during play and this ruling is final.

Scoring:

Points are accumulated and totaled at the end of each game, the player with the most points at the end of the day(each player will play 3 games) will be the winner of the day. You score points for each game in the following ways:

At the end of the 8th turn/1 hour, each player totals up their points using the rules below:

If you fully remove/kill an enemy infantry unit/support weapon, you will receive that units point cost to add to your total.

At the end of each game, any squads that you have partially killed will award points in the following way: points cost of unit / total number of models * number of models removed = points awared.
E.g. Infantry unit with 5 models and cost of 10 points has 3 models left at the end of the game. so 10/5 = 2. Times this by the number of models removed means that 2*2 = 4 points given.
The points are awarded based on the squads number of models AT THE END OF THE GAME, not at the point of causing damage. This means a medic could heal the squad and bring them back to full strength and you receive no points.

The player who has the most points at the end of a game receives 5 additional points (superseded by an outright victory)

If both players have equal points then they are both awarded with 3 points.

An outright victory (killed all enemy units) will award you with an additional 10 points.

In the event of a tie for first place a short tie breaker game will be played to determine a winner, otherwise the player with the most points at the end of the day will be the winner.

Any questions then please feel free to ask, of you would like me to check your list etc then I am happy to do so.
Last edited by adwatkin19 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
adwatkin19

Re: Dust Tactics Tournament 17th January 2015

Postby Bob Typhoon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Sounds very good to me and can not wait to get involved in the string of events.
Bob Typhoon

Postby adwatkin19 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:44 pm

I have updated the games rules to include a turn 0 in which you play like a normal turn but it is for deployment of units only, there is no attacking allowed. You units come on from your side of the board and can move on upto their march movement range. Any reconnaissance moves take place immediately after this turn 0 ends and then all 8 normal turns are taken.
adwatkin19

Postby Jimmy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Unfortunately I can't make this as I already have plans for that date :(
Jimmy

Re: Dust Tactics Tournament 24th January 2015

Postby Tiger 1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:32 am

Sorry all had to change starting date as we doing The Fate Reforged Prerelease January 17th.
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Re: Dust Tactics Tournament 24th January 2015

Postby adwatkin19 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

After discussing this with Colin, we have decided to postpone for a while longer, we will confirm the new date in the neat future
adwatkin19

Return to Announcements