Trip to the Med

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Trip to the Med

Postby Baldie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Three brave souls off to the med this weekend, no not an 18-30's holiday it's BA

For once I feel I have the moral high ground taking DAK against the filthy LRDG
Baldie

Re: Trip to the Med

Postby Jimmy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 am

I have no idea what's going on - need to find the rulespack etc.

Want to go up together? - I'll drive if you want
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:09 pm

I have the estate, so loads of room for terrain etc.
Meet me and Mark at ASDA at 0700
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

7am! thought it didn't start until 9:30, I might just drive myself and have another hour in bed ;)

it's only in Halifax isn't it?

what do I need?
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 pm

600 point and 1000 point list that can be made from a total of 1300 points.
They are allowing you to choose an attacking or defending force depending on the mission.

I have 1K of DAK so that's what's been taken.

Will check time but don't forget McDonald's as well.
Baldie

Postby Baldie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Mark can't come now wife in hospital.
Any allies want to come there is a slot.
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 pm

They're all Star Trekking :(
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Just got back.

I won three out of three.

Game 1 was 2 v 2 at 600 points with axis holding an objective in middle of the table. My fellow axis player took Vichy French, the Goums lived up to their reputation. Enemy was and 8th army and an LRDG force with 3 SAS jeeps. They managed to call in both their artillery and their 1 airstrike on themselves taking out two out of three SAS jeeps and we then managed to assault them and ensure we held the hill. I almost felt sorry for them but they did take 2 SAS jeeps in a 600 point list.

Game 2 was 600 points vs Fall of French brit list with two carriers and a Matilda that I could only kill on roof or rear. I had to hold five crates of supplies to win the game but could deny them to the enemy by destroying them by issuing a fire order to infantry touching them. Blew up ones on flanks after enemy went for em and took out a carrier with 8 rad. Managed to drop mortar on roof of matilda and gave it a few pins then got behind it with 8 rad and slowly pinned it to death. Blew up another objective when it looked like falling into enemy hands and won two to nil.

Game 3 was 1000 points vs 8th army maximum attrition. Night fighting rules until turn 3 with special rules for spotting at night and muzzle flashes etc, 200-250 points had to be put aside and were a lost patrol coming on from turn 2 with -2 leadership and then coming on randomly from your edge of your flanks. His air observer failed to come on for a couple of turns then died to my air observer who also pinned six of his units. He got a vet squad too close to my pioneers who SMG'd them away and my 8 Rad after taking out his tankett played hide and seak sniping off his units. Won 8 dice to 2.

As for the rest of the med the Axis captured Crete and Mainland Greece and Rommels forces were victorious in the desert so it was an allied victory.

I will post up the special rules as the first and third were good the second needs a tweak as it was too easy to blow up a couple of crates meaning you only had to defend three and with 600 points it was hard to capture them.

Really cant recommend Halifax enough I imaging it would feel same if we did one in Sheffield, pork pie and ice cream as well.

Think Jimmy managed a win a loss and a draw, his loss was understandable as one take had a fort wall across corner and two objectives went behind it. Apparently LRDG vehicles are not so good at going up walls.
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Was a good day, I think the second mission needed a bit of a tweak, but all good games.

Really liked the nightfighting mission from game 3
Jimmy

Return to Announcements