Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Postby 'Allo 'Allo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Basically I've got,
The SS Panzergrenadier Company Box
An SS Scout Platoon

and James can lend me the German Forces from the Open Fire Starter Set and 1 Tiger

That's what I've got at my disposal, James has had a look through the book but points wise its going to be way under, even when taking air support.

Anyone else got any ideas?
-Boycie
'Allo 'Allo

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:15 pm

Bring them along, at this sort of game size balance isn't overly needed anyway, and can double up on forces (e.g. Spindler) easily, the British are utterly out numbered, key really is that there isn't a massive amount between 30. Corps and the bridge, so the airborne just have to hold out long enough to be rescued.

If you're just learning you'll fit right in among us lot :)

:Spoon: :Spoon: :Spoon:

No reason a somewhat mixed force cannot simply be added as "support" to other forces, can sort that out on the day :)

I'm the numpty they exiled daaarrrnnn saaaaffff, who lives in morbid fear of roundabouts
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Well i can do nearly any para list that I`m needed to do. But i would like to the "airborne field company royal engineers" but if this is not possible will do a normal airborne force.
Also as Leopard is takinng the frost character does that mean nobody else can either.
Bob Typhoon

Postby leopard » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Bob Typhoon wrote:Well i can do nearly any para list that I`m needed to do. But i would like to the "airborne field company royal engineers" but if this is not possible will do a normal airborne force.
Also as Leopard is takinng the frost character does that mean nobody else can either.

Not seeing an issue with airborne engineers coming along, they were certainly there.

In theory the warriors are meant to be unique, will leave that up to others though
leopard

Postby Bob Typhoon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Its okay now anyways as I can not afford him in points anymore in the engineers list. :D
Bob Typhoon

Postby ironbelly2 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Wooaaaaaahhhhh! Only on frost! Legends are only made once! Gonna use Urquheart ... And loads of paras :british: :british: :woo:
ironbelly2

Postby Bob Typhoon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Sounds okay to me anyway I`m using engineer paras now.
Bob Typhoon

Postby ironbelly2 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:25 pm

This little lot for Oosterk defence.

Warrior.. Roy Urquhart 25pts re-roll dig in
HQ 1st 2ic 3 pints 3 snipers 270pts

Platoon 1 220
Platoon 2 220
Platoon 3 220
HMG platoon 150
3 section mortar platoon 200
6pndr 4 gun platoon 160
6pnder 2 gun platoon 80
17pndr 4 gun platoon 330
Priority Typhoons 220
Reckon jeeps 4 jeep sections 300

1970pts

Bringing 4ft section of canal and buildings if needed ... Be at shop for 9.30(or Asda)
ironbelly2

Postby leopard » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Have a 2k list, well just short for Arnhem itself, one platoon on plain bases and one on part painted ones, all actual models painted though. Have run out of puff for tonight..

five 4ground buildings, walls and fences also if needed (if not can stay in the box)

by gork theres a fair few of them, what you get for having a list that thinks of a 6pdr and a 3" mortar as "heavy weapons" I guess :shifty:
leopard

Postby Baldie » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:57 pm

It never snows in September.

Reports of large para drops and mass movements on the front line.

The goodies

Not sure if Chris or Mark has the most disturbing smile.

The baddies

Table set up, Colin and the lads have done a great job with it as usual.

30 corp arrives

Ha ha says the Pak 40 platoon

Brit paras can tell how close the tanks are as they kindly light some signal fires.

Around one of the bridges on the route Brit paras dig in.

Some SS and security troops arrive to put pressure on the Brits

The cult of speed and massed R/MG fire from the dug in paras and a waaagh assault later and the Germans found out that it wasn't as easy as shooting civilians.

Axis commander James allowed his brave subordinates duke it out with the FV paras whilst his own forces sat in their woodland picnic park apparently unable to hear the gun fire all around.

Not sure how it ended, please post and let us know, as my poor battered body needed sleep after a night in Sheff and this war correspondent slipped off to make the early papers.
It did look like the Paras were just about to launch an attempt to relieve the battered remnants of the 30 corp tankers. Brit paras are hard to shift from their defences and as Dale had mined the exit from bridge the panzers were in no rush to get close the the Tank Assault 4 devils.

When I left Panthers and Tigers had started to arrive behind the Brits at the bridge and even the boy scout camp in the woods had decided they really should start to roll out especially as the British air support was down to only a few dice now. If I had to place a bet I would say that 30 corp was not going to make it to the bridge and the paras were not going to be left to the mercy of long range shelling but who knows.

During the chaos of war passing U Boat commander quietly sips his brew after returning from a stint at sea.

Baldie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements