Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Jimmy wrote:I only really have King Tigers, german infantry and american motorised infantry/tank destroyers - not sure how they can fit in

506. Schwere Panzerabteilung, a king tiger formation, has various support units of german infantry open to it. Can also have StuG G, artillery and NW41 rockets plus air support.

Dunno how many KT you have but one in command is 350pts then two platoons of two are 690 each so the core of the force is 1,730 before you add any support to these monsters.

Note they are "normal" KT as well, ace skills, C-V rated.

This is technically part of Kampfgruppe Spindler so would deploy between Arnhem and Oosterbeek (or probably from that table edge given the KT arrived as one of the last German units)

Pointing this out and I could be facing them.. with PIAT and 6pdr guns...
leopard

Postby Dropshort » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Pointing this out and I could be facing them.. with PIAT and 6pdr guns...

Well you saved me a job, and I'm sure Colin has some spare KT laying around some where.....
Dropshort

Postby Jimmy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:47 pm

I have 3 King Tigers, plus plenty of german support - will bring them along
Jimmy

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm sure we can twist something and move one of the KT platoons to be support and swap it with one of the StuG platoons - in Total War the difference between the two doesn't overly matter (indeed in theory you can make up your own companies, as long as they keep the flavour of the event)

Sounds like you have plugged Kampfgruppe Spindler ;)
leopard

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Bagged myself in as Frost's force, as its what my Airborne are built around and while they can do the others they lack the toys.

Will also bring up a few buildings, if they get used or not doesn't matter they are there. Have a stack more trees as well if desired
leopard

Postby ironbelly2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Put me down for Oosterbeek para defence ..have a load of terrain ..ruins buildings ..canal.. :D
:british:
ironbelly2

Postby Baldie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:34 pm

My hangover hates you all.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Well if Chris is also brining Airborne as expected thats four on the allied side, guessing Colin will bring his Fallschirmjager, and Baron Von Reese with more Germans for three on the German side so far - who may end up with a 4th company between them...

Gork help us.

We will need more than just a German hangover here..

Note if needed will swap to the German side, e.g. if James is here, plan is to bring both lists up and can sort it out on the day
leopard

Postby 'Allo 'Allo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Ah right... I was GOING to take Kampfgruppe Spindler but seeing at thats being claimed I'll have to fall in for Kampfgruppe Arnhem. However since I can't use a scout platoon with that list it will take a bit of juggling round to try and make up the points with what I have.
-Boycie
'Allo 'Allo

Postby Dropshort » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:41 pm

After looking at what I have and what lists are in the book, I can basically do 1 of 4 lists.

A Fallschirmjagerkompanie - For hells highway (though I think Colin has ear marked this)

559. Schwere Panzerjagerbteilung - again hells highway ( again clashes with Colin's Force)

or

280. Strmgeschutzbrigade - the force I set out to do for this in the first place ( but it clashes with the Spindler slot)

And to rub salt into the wounds - 30 Corps.

I will go where I'm needed and would prefer to take an infantry company, as I think that much armour going agents the pares is a bit overkill....

Also on a side note I have a friend hopefully turning up who is wanting to get into flames, he's got about 1000 points of British Armour that could be a reserve force for 30 corps :whatever: just an idea.
Dropshort

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements