Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: Flames of War - Arnhem 12th October

Postby Jimmy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:13 pm

looks great
Jimmy

Postby ironbelly2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Awesome day! U571 commander Boyce got the shitty end of the stick prepared paras with AT support was never gonna be a walk in park! To be fair my dice were spot on, got the luck when I needed it... Good chaps of 30 corps did a fantastic job of holding themselves up and not getting any where near the top half of the table...too much tea and hide and seek with cols paras!

Thanks for organising this fantastic event, top shop, top team massive thanks to Colin and Janice for putting up with us all day...

Better send my Paras over the bridge to rescue the relief column! :smack: :british: :british:
ironbelly2

Postby leopard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Excellent game, few points for the next one.

Need to set up so the areas where reserves arrive are out of line of sight of the enemy deployment areas as a general rule - so reserves can arrive (but do nothing until they move further) in safety - unless the enemy wishes to advance to gain sight to these areas - defend your arrival points!

Suggest in any further siege type scenarios the attacker gets an extra player at full strength, and when history notes the defenders lost perhaps allow the attacker to recycle combat and weapons platoons (only) into reserve - for that sort of "my gods is there no end to them?" feeling

Great game though, terrain looked very nice and that sort of density was about spot on, could do with a few larger buildings but between us thats manageable.

Only lost one platoon, and a very gentlemanly conflict over the river...
leopard

Postby ironbelly2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:21 pm

leopard wrote:Excellent game, few points for the next one.

Need to set up so the areas where reserves arrive are out of line of sight of the enemy deployment areas as a general rule - so reserves can arrive (but do nothing until they move further) in safety - unless the enemy wishes to advance to gain sight to these areas - defend your arrival points!

Suggest in any further siege type scenarios the attacker gets an extra player at full strength, and when history notes the defenders lost perhaps allow the attacker to recycle combat and weapons platoons (only) into reserve - for that sort of "my gods is there no end to them?" feeling

Great game though, terrain looked very nice and that sort of density was about spot on, could do with a few larger buildings but between us thats manageable.

Only lost one platoon, and a very gentlemanly conflict over the river...

Attackers should have more troops...dunno about concealed staging areas for reserves..panthers on the first turn on my side would have mullered me if used aggressive! Same with tigers behind us ..
Great game and top result!
ironbelly2

Postby leopard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Thinking the staging area is somewhere they can get to and wait for reinforcements, not somewhere they can do anything from - so artillery here will still have to be moved up to actually fire say.

Reece had the measure of them Tigers just right, no need to come close enough that the scary infantry could hurt them, so he resisted temptation well and hung back.. the dastardly swine.. Not sure on the panthers, can be tricky to use they need to be in concealment as while they have good armour the few things that can kill them tend to be very good at killing them..

Attacker def needs more, I like the recycling platoons idea as while they get more, they don't get them all at once for the unstoppable human wave effect when it all turns in to yhatzee with models.

Having faced British airborne with my Germans digging them out when they don't want to be dug out is like pealing onions but not as pleasant, utterly murder them if they are caught in the open though (which is why my lot stayed put when the pussy cats arrived)

Larger games are so much the way to play this.
leopard

Postby Tiger 1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:55 am

Well thank you all for making this a great game it makes my job worth while and a pleasure. My German Paras did well against Chris and Mark sorry forgot our new guy name held them up and killed lots of tanks and some paras died in stlye as the always do.
great to see a good games table.
Thanks Dale for coming all that way to come play :D
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Previous

Return to Announcements