Flames of War - Kursk 43 results

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Flames of War - Kursk 43 results

Postby Tiger 1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 am

Well what can i say The German's won a great victory :woo: :woo: thanks to Reece who was on my side you did well you are now promoted to commander. Have to say thought we going to lose so many tanks Big Lee, Adam, Dale Chris Mark tough luck we beat you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great game thank you all for coming

Not rubbing it in but we won :woo: :Gold: :Gold: :Gold: :Gold: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Re: Flames of War - Kursk 43 results

Postby leopard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 am

wasn't a close victory either...

Terrain seriously helped, providing a few bottle necks so the green tide didn't work, very good defensive position really - as you would expect of a German veteran force.

Of course them being on the defensive during operation citadel sort of implies something went wrong elsewhere, but this is a minor matter.

10k forces either side, all tank based lists looked amazing, even if they had all died on the first turn it was worth it due to the spectacle of that alone, well worth the trip up, roll on the next one :)

I killed a panther, I'm calling that a victory...
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Great game.
Oddly enough the Germans killed more Panthers than the Russians did
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Baldie wrote:Great game.
Oddly enough the Germans killed more Panthers than the Russians did

I think the Germans may have killed more Tigers as well...
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Only question, now that we have shown you can do a 10k per side game in a single day... when is the next one?

Suggest the Total War rules in full next time though, allow recce/air landing type forces to outflank from reserve to any board edge and having a couple of objectives on the board. Possibly 2,500 - 3,000 per player - enough for one tooled up company or two smaller ones, or some other split to allow some of the more oddball forces to be used (recce companies, small air landing forces in support of armour etc).

With the large table this should work pretty well, just keep theming it around the frontier we play on:

- Eastern Front - as on Sunday really, felt spot on, maybe a couple of huts but nothing more
- Western Front - stick a village or small town towards the centre
- Italy - lots more hills, small villages, rocky outcrops etc
- Desert - not a lot of terrain...
- Winter - pure evil.

And stick with specified books to use - this one felt a lot better for being Grey Wolf/Red Bear

Make these regular and there is a fair bit of scope to adapt armies for this format of game (larger boards, more mobile and points for the toys).

Maybe next another Early War one or a "late late war" to let Colin's toys out in full - Battle of the Bulge?
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm

EW German land grab would be great.
Allies defending a map with German probing attacks drawing in forces or is it the real main attack.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Well I have EW British, and could probably manage a German Panzer list from all the various Pz III and Pz IV-D I have here.. Have a desert German EW list as well thats not been out much recently.
leopard

Postby madness » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 pm

I think that there is Arnham happening in October. Early war would be interesting, just need to sort out some troops!
madness

Postby ironbelly2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Up for market garden! :british:
ironbelly2

Postby leopard » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 am

Suggest if Arnhem is going ahead we have a think on who is doing what.. may have to get my Airborne finished in this (little chance of doing a suitable German list except adapted Grenadiers.. don't have much for that late in the war)
leopard

Next

Return to Announcements