Jancotoys Star Trek tournament. 31/8

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Re: Jancotoys Star Trek tournament. 31/8

Postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:12 am

Just made a 90pt list consisting of one borg cube - winning
Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Was a good day, just got a few comments/suggestions

Spreading out the prizes would be good - going into the last round, it was pretty pointless for everyone except Mark & Lee - if there were prizes for 2nd/3rd it would give people something to play for in that last round.

Either the third ship (Unless Colin is hoarding them) ;) or even a set of the tokens used in the scenarios would be good for 2nd/3rd - just to give something for people to play for even if they aren't on the top table - as it stands there's no difference in coming 2nd or 10th - apart from bragging rights ;)

I'd suggest:

1st place - ship & set of scenario elements
2nd place - ship?
3rd place - scenario elements

or even just scenario elements for 2nd/3rd.

If we're going to have a best sports prize, it needs to be voted for ;) - nothing against James but Ragequitting a game after 20min isn't very sporting ;) ;) :lol:

People always seem to big up Star Trek tournaments over X-wing due to prize support, but at least with the X-wing tournaments i've been to there's been a nice spread of prizes as opposed to the winner takes it all.

Anyway - cheers to everyone I played for 3 fun games, the Borg will return ;)

Jimmy
Jimmy

Postby Dropshort » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 am

I agree with Jimmy on best sports prize. It should be voted for. and on that note I will be giving the ship back to Colin and asking everyone who played who should have won it.

Despite what many of you saw I did enjoy myself yesterday, and am coming up with a way to beat the Borg at this very moment. So far I have 2 promising ideas, both involving a hammer :smirk:

Now if you will all excuse me I have to teach my dice the difference between right and wrong. Funnily enough this also involves a hammer. :twisted:
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Perhaps you should have had a vote for most amusing.

Personally it would have been a very close call between your dramatic and very funny mood swings and jason being stalked by the borg cube.
Baldie

Postby Tiger 1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Well anther fun event :P
Thank you all for turning up Well done to mark who won.

As this is only my second event its not gone to bad.
Now i will be getting a 20 place event kit i will be able to change things around a bit.
Im waiting on an email from whizz kids about events so they may be able to give me a few idears.

So i am trying my best to make this a good event with lots of fun bear with me on this i will get it wright.
Im trying to make the event fair for everyone but as you know you cant please everyone sad to say...
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Previous

Return to Announcements