Need to do a big club game again

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Need to do a big club game again

Postby ironbelly2 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Today has been ace..when is the next big game...Arnhem ... :D
ironbelly2

Re: Need to do a big club game again

Postby leopard » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:42 am

James suggested looking at other game systems as well as FoW for big games, thinking Warhammer for some suitable mayhem, working as teams should work well. Have played a four way with a few changes that worked, was mad but it worked.

Next FoW suggested as something around Kursk, either as a mid war game or shift it a year or so to late war as a 'what if'. This is doable as a single day "Total War" game (would suggest a Sunday to avoid clashing with the kids club). German stuff is easy, Soviet also, western allies suggested to run armour as "lend/lease" battalions with a few proxies (e.g. fireflies as normal M4) and just go for it in a mixed infantry/armour game on a big board.

Arnhem needs a bit more thought.

Do fancy a big game of warhammer though, Storm of Magic or just a big normal game
leopard

Postby Tiger 1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 am

Sounds good these events seem to be getting better and more people turning up for them
Boss of jancotoys well i think i am.
Colin
Tiger's drive softly and carry a big gun.
Tiger 1

Postby Dropshort » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Ideas for big games

Eastern front - FoW
Market Garden - FoW
warhammer fantasy - see leopards idea
X-Wing/Attack wing
Apoc/kids Apoc - 40k
Bolt Action - 500 point free for all/random teams

That is all I can think of at the moment and Iv had a chat with Colin about some dates for some of them, he should be posting something soon
Dropshort

Postby Baldie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Some good ideas there.
GW did a great battle report where your opponent played certain cards in a 4 way game making you unable to attack them or even forcing you to attack one of the other four.
It looked like total chaos.

500 points of BA with sides being picked at random before or even better after deployment.

SAGA big 4 way or more battles.

The idea of Kids Apoc sounds unusual, I'm guessing they dress as Titans and scrap it out robot war style in ASDA's car park.

Flames EW or MW battles also sounds like a great idea.

Andy from SRW has also kindly offered to show us a Very British Civil War game if anyone is interested.

Big games and campaigns is the future.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Baldie wrote:Some good ideas there.
GW did a great battle report where your opponent played certain cards in a 4 way game making you unable to attack them or even forcing you to attack one of the other four.
It looked like total chaos.

That four way game sounds like Triumph and Treachery, which having played it was very good, just not £50 good. I lost, Donna did a lot better, which just goes to show my ability to play the game didn't improve by reading the rules.

Works pretty well, there are a good few ways to make warhammer multi player, this is one of the better ones for sure though. Other way is Storm of Magic or just to play as teams, teams need a bit of work though to make the way Generals etc work make sense otherwise it utterly hammers some low leadership armies.

Saga sounds amusing on a larger scale, not sure how well it would actually work, but could be fun to find out.

VBCW likewise looks fun, not got much that could play in it though.

Kids Apoc in Asda's car park I'd travel up just to watch, Chris and Ben with actual weapons...
leopard

Postby Psycho Bins » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Baldie wrote:500 points of BA with sides being picked at random before or even better after deployment.

That sounds fun
Psycho Bins

Postby Old Longy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:53 pm

THe new 40k Rules look excellent for big games even without apocolypse.

Xwing would be cool with the capitals on.
Does it have Lasers or Templars?
Old Longy

Return to Announcements