Infantry aces. Early war

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Infantry aces. Early war

Postby LScotting » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Just wondering who would be up for infantry aces. Let me know and I will organise it or ask Colin.
LScotting

Re: Infantry aces. Early war

Postby Baldie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Def up for it but prob best to wait until the

Blood Bowl
Age of the Wolf SAGA
Mordheim campaign

Come to an end

January would be good to start, we did do a first round but it petered out.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:10 am

Would be up for this, with Donna changing jobs can get up there probably twice a month, Agree January is the time to do it, but announce and agree earlier so people can work up for it - Also suggest following it with a Mid War version, then the Late War one - use it to help drive the main campaign.

Can add my British in Northern Europe, Soviets in places Soviets go and Germans in both Africa and Europe in EW.

To various levels of success...

This is Janco, not sure "organise" is the right word, but would certainly be up for this on a regular basis, limited to weekends as us southern exiles don't get to play during the week much.

:Gold:
leopard

Postby leopard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Any further thoughts on this?

Thinking given the early rounds are pretty quick to play could be done as an event over a couple of Saturdays - say one a month for three months for each period then a final 4th larger game?

Builds nicely as a bit of escalation, without dragging on too long, and can then lead into the ongoing stuff kicking into Mid War

thoughts?
leopard

Postby Baldie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:19 pm

I am 100% up for a day or two of EW 500 then over a few Sats etc rising through 700 and 900

once finished MW and EW

I love IA
Baldie

Postby Jimmy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:35 pm

we were debating last night if you could do infantry/tank aces with Team Yankee stuff
Jimmy

Postby Baldie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Escallation definately but would have to make it a choice of Tanks or Mech as at low points a force of mechs is same points and three tanks, not sure about infantry aces though as most nations cant just take infantry
Baldie

Postby leopard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Don't think IA as it is would work with Team Yankee, but I'm sure you could come up with something similar - issue is the lack of variation in the forces and the lack of lower cost options, plus it seems to be very "rock-paper-scissors" at a low point level with a lot going to the one who gets the first solid round of shooting in.

Think a campaign system could work though, limited resources, something based on the European bits from Red Storm Rising perhaps - there are campaigns to play this out, just use TY for fight the battles
leopard

Return to Announcements