Campaign 2016, May 7th & 8th

Heard of an upcoming tournament or event that may be of interest to members of the club? Looking for a potential team?

Campaign 2016, May 7th & 8th

Postby leopard » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Back to the Centre:MK again, well hopefully, currently on the reserve list but hope will be up on the day.. May not find out until the day of course but thats life.

Anyway the lists are in, as follows:

Lists for Campaign

Axis List
1942 Schwere Panzerkompanie (Heer)

:german: 1x Tiger 1E (CiC)
:german: 1x Panzer IIIN (2iC)

:german: 1x Tiger 1E & 1x Panzer IIIN
:german: 1x Tiger 1E & 1x Panzer IIIN

:german: Limited HS 129B Air Support

Just two platoons, but ‘half on/half off’ deployment still gets the HQ so can cover two objectives defensively.

Risky as hell in many ways,but hopefully fun.

Allied List
Strelkovy Battalion (Red Army)

:soviet: Battalion HQ, + 9x pioneer teams
:soviet: Strelkovy Company, 3 platoon, komissar & HMG team
:soviet: Strelkovy Company, 2 platoon, komissar & HMG team
:soviet: Strelkovy mortar company, 9 tubes
:soviet: Strelkovy Anti tank rifle company, 3 platoon
:soviet: Strelkovy Scout Platoon, 1 squad
:soviet: Strafe Company, 2 platoon
:soviet: Flame Thrower Platoon (x4)
:soviet: Strelkovy Artillery Battalion, 4x Zis-3, 4x 122mm obr 1939 & Salines tractors

the flame throwers have to attach to the strelkovy companies, 2 to each, the HQ pioneers go 5 into the large one and four to the smaller and all the ATR attach 6 to each. Means six units to deploy, but one of them has 43 teams.

Fearless-Conscript so they should keep moving but will take casualties, its worked before though. Dropped the 120mm heavy mortars for the 82mm medium ones, mostly for the direct fire shots, even the heavy artillery is mobile, this is a highly aggressive infiltrating always attacks infantry force.

Aiming for fun with these, the Strelk is strong, if used aggressively, it wins or is defeated during its first attack as they lack staying power but they are great fun to run. Hoping the Tigers will be fun, either way they will be quick though :)
leopard

Re: Campaign 2016, May 7th & 8th

Postby Baldie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Def want to face both of those one day, one will be a mare to kill a platoon of and the other will be a mare to kill enough platoons of.
Baldie

Postby leopard » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Baldie wrote:Def want to face both of those one day, one will be a mare to kill a platoon of and the other will be a mare to kill enough platoons of.

Will leave them in the box and bring them up next time.

Really starting to enjoy running the Strelk, the utter opposite of the typical German list and this year the Sthraf at 20 teams in total are large enough to be useful (last year they were at 11, and generally were reduced to nothing before they even got close) so we have three lots of infantry advancing, though the intention is the larger one actually makes contact, the other two are for cleaning up and preventing enemy movement to help where the big one is going.

It is great fun infiltrating that, every time I've done it there is a scramble for the rulebook, and now its clear in the update that the scouts can bring the infantry along when they infiltrate (was ambiguous before, so I always cleared it with the TO before hand, as the opponent generally went to get a ruling), have got the jump on panthers in the first turn previously due to careless placement - read the infiltration rules, everything about how close you can get is enemy platoons, warriors and other independents are specifically excluded... toasty.

Also good dealing with people who are unaware just how much damage you can do to tanks with infantry, even when they bunch up for MG defensive fire.. flame throwers are brilliant.

People expect them to dig in and sit still, doing something different, heck anything different, really throws people.

Tigers are a one year wonder, will be back with the lighter units of 2. Panzer next year in EW and MW, but fancied a break while I try to work out how to get the lighter ones to work.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Really looking forward to getting more FOW in.
Colin has to put up with three years of EW and MW hate before his HVY tanks truely get to slaughter me.

Never do so well in LW though look forward to playing some of the hero lists to see how they do.

Also starting a SCW infantry aces campaign
Baldie

Postby leopard » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:04 pm

SCW sounds interesting, actually really enjoying the earlier periods, may be the lower point levels but they seem a lot more tactical and a lot less 'throw a super X at the problem'. Think LW would be better as a campaign type setting to limit some of the stuff that was historically good but rare as hens teeth.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Hope you get a game pal, if only to be able to read the exploits
Baldie

Postby leopard » Mon May 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Baldie wrote:Hope you get a game pal, if only to be able to read the exploits

I think I'm up, on the runners and riders list at least, I think.

:)
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon May 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Draw and opponents for this one are up

Day 1

Round 1:
- My Heavy Panzers v Strelkovy

This one could be interesting, guessing its not going to go too well as I'm not really equipped to take on a horde, will depend how they play them.. someone who runs something like my lot the way I run them and this will be messy and quick... Should be fun though. Not sure, tending towards expecting to lose this, will depend on the scenario and terrain.

Round 2:
- My Strelkovy v Grenadiers

Have faced this Grenadier player previously, he's pretty good but gets flustered, not sure what he will make of this Strelk lot but have beaten him previously, expecting to see one or two Tigers. Expecting a win

Round 3:
- My Strelkovy v Panzerkompanie (Heer)

Not too worried here, the Strelk are equipped to hunt cats, if its panthers they are prey, lighter armour will be more of a challenge. Expecting a win

Day 2

Round 4:
Either
- My Heavy Panzers v Parachute Rifle Company
or
- My Strelkovy v Fallshirmjager

The first will be painful, the second should be a lot more manageable, which I get depends on how many times the enemy have used either list

Round 5:
Either
- My Heavy Panzers v Armoured Rifle Company
or
- My Strelkovy v Schwere Panzerkompanie

Reasonably confident of the second, not sure of the first, depends what they have in terms of toys.

Overall expected two wins and a defeat on day one, day two is more hit & miss but has the potential to be ok.

Doubt I'll get the 4/1/0 W/D/L from the 1st year I went though.

Looking forwards to this though, there are some potentially horrible matches I've avoided though. Will have to chase the last two through and see which list is more likely.
leopard

Postby leopard » Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Had a run through, the 4th round I think is likely to be my Strelk v his Fallschirmjager, as he should have used allies twice and had one random pairing, I'll have used allies twice and axis once - so if his random is Axis then this game will be a dice off, otherwise it will be his Axis and my Allied.

5th round is too random to tell as the enemy has three that could go either way, not too fussed which way this goes though.

Overall the matches as such look ok, first round will be a struggle but otherwise hopeful on three games and iffy on one.
leopard

Postby Baldie » Mon May 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Woh that's a heck of an assessment

You should take some pics of your opponents faces when you plonk the tigers down
Baldie

Next

Return to Announcements